Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2002 8:19:37 PM EDT
About a year ago I snapped in half the bolt on my oly m4orgery. Now today I was was cleaning this same m4 after putting 100 rounds through it. As I seperated the upper from the lower the upper portion of the bolt catch lever fell out!! It had snapped in half. Has anyone else ever broken a bolt hold open catch??  I planned on selling this at the next gun show and buy a NIB colt h-bar flattop with carry handle for $800 that the local shop has. I know I should have had a spare parts kit on hand but I didn't, now I have to hurry and order one before the show. I will NEVER own another Oly even if they where paying you to take them.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your problems.  We have very good luck with Oly's.

World War I breaks out on 4 August. First aerial dogfight, when Joseph Frantz and Louis Quenault in a Voisin shoot down a German Aviatik. Colour photographic process invented by Eastman Kodak. First traffic lights, installed in front of British House of Commons. Gideon Sundback designs the zip fastener. First commercial airline flies from Tampa to St Petersburg, Florida. First passenger meal served on airplane in flight, from Russia to Ukraine. US President Woodrow Wilson proclaims Mother's Day, a revival of a practice that dates back to the Greek empire.

Are you splitting up your thesis at the end of ever post?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Stokes you continue to amaze me with your great buisness practices. Thanks again for taking care of me with the bolt from last year. How have you been?? Did you ever get any more 20 or 30 round usgi mags in for sale?? I'll see what Tom can do, its a pretty cheap part that i'll just replace myself, it just bothers me that it would break. I do not drop the hammer on the bare lower, must just be a bad part.  Thanks again for your caring feedback

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Embarassingly, I broke the bolt catch in half two days after I bought my first Bushmaster.  I was dry firing it to "work the trigger" a little with the upper and lower receiver separated.  It snapped clean in two and flew across the room!  And even that was only after 100+ repetitions (honestly never thought this was harmful until after the fact, then I learned I could have cracked my receiver too).  If this is not what you were doing, my guess is also a faulty part is to blame.

But snapping a bolt in half?  Wow, even I've never done that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top