Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2002 12:47:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/20/2002 4:59:04 AM EST by GreenTalon]
I was at the Lakeland Gun Show today and saw some sweet looking Benelli Nova shot guns. Both were 12 Gauge 3 1/2" 6-8 shot (I think). One had ghost ring with night sights other had iron sights. Ghost ring model was $329 Iron sight model was $299. This seems like a deal for a Benelli anything (even their novice line).

What I'm wondering is, was that as much of a deal as I thought it was at the time?

Thanks.

BTW this is my first post as a [paying]member....woo hoo
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:52:34 PM EST
Welcome aboard.

I have seen and handled the Nova. It looks nice but is still rather new to have any useful track record. I doubt you'd loose money on the deal. For self defense, I like the ghost ring sights with the extended mag. You might even pony up for the tritium inserts.

Good luck,

Gary
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:07:16 PM EST
You can check prices here:

www.gunsamerica.com/fast.cgi?guncat=1150

Here is some info on the Nova www.benelliusa.com/nova_pump/
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:23:35 PM EST
IMO novas are ugly as sin, but i must say they seem to be on top of the pump shotgun market (for hunting, anyway). thay are light, tough, smooth, short to cycle, and have really cool features. wouldnt be my first defense choice, du to lack of stock changability
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:14:15 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:52:55 AM EST
There were problems in the very first batch of Novas to reach here, but those were quickly dealt by the guarantee. After that they have been flawless in function.

It is designed as a shooter, it is very easy to fieldstrip, even in the outdoors.

Now that it is offered with ghost ring sights, it is even better.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:34:15 AM EST
I stake my life with mine everyday I take it out on patrol.
Top Top