Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2002 7:04:56 AM EDT

This kind of stuff makes me angry...

http://www.nydailynews.com/2002-01-18/News_and_Views/Crime_File/a-138622.asp

Delivery Man Shoots Mugger

A Chinese food deliveryman turned the tables on two muggers in a Spanish Harlem apartment building last night, pulling out a gun and shooting one of them, police said.

The restaurant worker was in the lobby of an E. 108th St. building at 7:49 p.m. when the pair tried to rob him, cops said. The muggers may have displayed a knife, cops said.

The deliveryman fired a .380 handgun at least once, striking one bandit in the thigh. Police said the bullet struck an artery. The injured man was hospitalized in serious condition. The other robber fled.

The deliveryman was arrested on weapons charges. Police said he had a permit to have the gun at his business but did not have the authority to take it off the premises.

Police did not release the names of the men involved in the incident.

[My comment - on whose side is the justice system in NYC?  Who do they think they are working for?]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:10:40 AM EDT
[#1]
The guy had a license to keep a gun in his business.
He was defending himself from criminal attack.
In most parts of this country, he would have been given a medal.
You'd think that since he just went through the traumatic experience of being mugged and having to shoot another human being, they would have had the decency to leave him alone.
But no!  He had to be arrested, for the technical violation of carrying his weapon outside the scope of his license!

I am generally pro-cop, but officers and prosecutors who hound citizens like this should be limited to enforcing only the rules of the game of Monopoly.  They have no place enforcing the laws of citizens and human beings.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I of course support the delivery guy, it is better to be judged by 12,etc., but the LEO doesn't make the law, he enforces existing laws.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah make the easy arrest, forget trying to find the other mugger.  We don't want people taking the law into there own hands, the criminals might get smart and quit robbing people!
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#4]
They should have left that guy to die thier what  a messed up place. it looks like the politicians/police are helping there own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top