Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2002 7:51:49 AM EDT
Is the only difference the length with the A2 being longer?  I have an odd Colt SP2 that has an A2 lower, an A1 upper, and a A2 flash-hider.  Now I'm trying to figure out which stock it's got.  It has a trap door, if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The A1 stock has a black smooth finish and the butt plate is rounded at the edges and smooth except for the trap door. The A2 stock is more of a charcaol grey and has a texture similar to parkerizing in feel. It is 5/8 inches longer than the A1 and the butt plate has a sharper edge and is knurled on the entire surface. Take out the upper screw and if the threads are an inch or so long then you most likely have an A2 butt stock.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The A2 stock ...and the butt plate has a sharper edge and is knurled on the entire surface.

I'm assuming you mean it has the diamond shaped pattern on it?  I don't have it with me at the moment, but I believe that I have the A2.  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top