Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2002 4:03:43 PM EDT
Are they really as nice as I have been hearing? Whats the deal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both of their stainless steel 16" H-Bars. The standard H-Bar is 1:9" twist and the SUM (Stainless Ultra Match) is 1:10" twist.  They are the best shooting H-Bars I have tried, bar none.  They both shoot 1/2" groups or better if I do my part!
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a 20" 1 in 10 ultra match which is a  stainless steel, H-bar, button drawn, bore. It will dive tacks at 100 yrd.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have herd alot of negitive things about Oly. Why? What is wrong with them. They are priced fair compaired to others. Fit and finish looks good. They are said to all be mill spec. However so have reported mag well problems. Such as poor fit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The bad rap has been because of the lame customer service.  LOVE mine though, great rifle.  I have heard of the tight magwell problem but only know that all my USGI's work great!

Nuckles.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a 1:9 16" stainless HBAR barrel that will outshoot every other AR barrel I have ever owned.  The thing rocks.  I also had a 20" 1:9 fluted stainless ultra match that was very good, but it would not quite equal the 16" tube in accuracy.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I had an Oly CAR-15 which shot incredibly well and was extremely reliable.  It would even eat Wolf all day without puking (unlike my Bushmaster).  I certainly would recommend them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#7]
they are great bbls, i have heard that they are the best factory (non-custom) barrels out there, and the SUM's are better than some customs. the bad rap comes from some reliability problems stemming from improper upper reciever tolerances, but that these kinks have been worked out in the newer models. i've never had a problem with any Oly product.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the input guys, sounds like it was just a bad rumer! Can't wait to shoot mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top