Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 7:31:20 PM EDT
Well it took a while but I finally got it built. It is a PWA pre-ban lower, Bushmaster A1 upper, Colt M4 stock and a Colt 14.5 inch Lt. weight 1/7 barrel with a pined Vortex. This thing is light! I have not put it on a scale but it feels around 5 to 5 1/2 lbs.
community.webshots.com/storage/1/v4/4/22/18/28942218vOMiacKXNF_ph.jpg

Here is a real one forcomparison. community.webshots.com/storage/1/v4/4/21/71/28942171NcZoRxOjMw_ph.jpg

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:36:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics not showing up....
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope that I got this pic thing fixed. The little black area on the handguard is a strip of velcro for my sure fire light.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Still no pic's, man.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Wedshots keeps going up and then shuts down. They are up grading thier server.

Edited cus me cant spal
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, hope they get it fixed, sounds like you've built yourself a nice lite little carbine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Nicely built carbine
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:50:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been able to see them if I right-click on the area where the photo is supposed to be, click on properties, copy the url, and paste it into the address bar. Aside from all of that trouble, looks good.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#8]
woah. i did the same, and when i went back to this page the pic magicaly appeared in the right place. did same for the other.
learned a new trick!

oh yeah, looks sweet!
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Dont hide the pics of your illegal AR Configuration.  We are not the BATF.  We know you used all the illegal M16 parts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Pics all work now.... How much that little toy run ya!
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#11]
It ran about $675 to $700. I got the lower a few years back for $75.00.

The barrel was a quest. I found a few complete Colt uppers for around $700 . I was not willing to pay that much for an upper. Hell I only paid $550 for my Colt M4 upper with a bolt! So there I was at the Big Reno Gun Show. And there it was. A Colt 14.5. inch Lt. weight 1/7. The guy had two of them. The one I ended up getting and one that was 1/9. I would have loved to have the 1/9 but it had a free floated handguard and no Vortex. This one had the Vortex already on it. I did not have the $$ with me but I got his number. I went home and sold the upper I had and then clled him and ordered this one.

It had a gray A2 upper on it. I took the upper off of the barrel and traided it for the Bushmaster A1 (C7) black upper. This matched my PWA lower very closely.

Bought a Colt M4 stock new from ... somewhere for $100.00 new. Had the bolt from way back like the lower.

The more I work with it the more I like it. The lines are very clean and simple. It just feels good in my hands.

Wish I could get a real C8A1.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#12]
The next rifle I build will have an A1 upper. Hell, I never use the adjustments of the A2 upper so all of mine may as well be A1's but alas, this gives me something to wish for.

weight was a concern of mine as well when I built these three.
Poor quality photo but you might notice that the top AR is a 9mm w/t M4 prifile barrel. I liked the OLY 9mm conversion, but with the HBAR and the heavy 9mm bolt system, one had to go. So off to KKF and the barrel is now M4 profile all the way. I noticed a great decrease in weight and like it very much. It is also shortened to exactly 16 1/8" with per, attached FS as well.

Second is a Bushmaster Dissipator. What you can't see is that the barrel has been turned down to light weight configuration under the HG. Also bayo lug removed. A very good upgrade to an already great concept for an AR. I hope to one day go with an A1 upper on this one as well as the 9mm too. I don't use the A2 sights and definetly don't need elevation adjustments on a pistol cal AR!

Last(bottom) is an M4 with a cut job to be 16" as well. Three very light, very fun rifles. Don't you think?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top