Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 4:19:01 PM EDT
Wow, does it shoot nice.. :^)))))
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
A couple of my friends have 35's and I have shot the gun.  Now I got to find funds to secure the purchase.  Do you think this needs night sights, adj NS, or leave it alone?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A couple of my friends have 35's and I have shot the gun.  Now I got to find funds to secure the purchase.  Do you think this needs night sights, adj NS, or leave it alone?

Depends on what you are going to use it for. I wouldn't put night sights on it if you only intend to use it or target shooting or plinking. It's a bit large for CCW so that would rule out night sights for me unless it might be a nightstand pistol.

Don't those come with the regular adjustable sights?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, the 34/35 come with adjustable sights from the factory....and a little tiny screw driver to adjust the rear sight!

I hadn't seen a Glock 35 for about a year, and when I saw one in a local gun store today I just had to get it.  I had to run to the gun club and run 50 rounds through it right away.  Very nice gun.  I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate mine.  I'd rather throw GD rocks at anything past 17 yards.  Probably have to go and buy the perfect low capacity Glock in .45 cal., yep, the Wilson KZ-45.

Dave S

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd definitely replace the rear sight.  I dropped mine on the gravel, rear sight got knocked right out of the dovetail.  I was able to push it back in with medium finger pressure.  Not the most secure sight.  Replaced the sights with Trijicons, no more drifting problems.  If you don't need night sights, get some plain metal ones from Novak or Heinie.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
It seemed pretty accurate to me.  I was hitting an empty 50 round fiochi box at 20 yards pretty consistantly.  The little box was sitting on top of a larger box at about 4 feet in height.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#7]
All for my Glocks shoot perfect out of the box, and I wouldn't carry anything else, Congrats
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#8]
From the department of redundancy department:

The GLOCK 35 is my favorite GLOCK, favorite handgun, and favorite firearm, all in one.  

I put AO sights on mine, the standard, not the big dot.  Almost everyone agrees they are the fastest for close in work.  People will tell you they ruin your long range accuracy, but if you use the tritium inset in the center of the dot to line up with the tritium inset in the rear, you can do just fine.    

Most (but not all) people I have handed the 35 to on the range instantly shoot a better score than they had been shooting with other pistols.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top