Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 7:00:44 AM EDT
I am thinking about getting a Colt that has the large size fire control parts. Other than the fact that you need to get these special size parts if you ever need to replace a broken piece, are there any other drawbacks?

I see that Bushmaster sells large part complete sets for $50 so I will get a set to squirrel away for the future (Do I need to or should those parts always be readily available?).
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Other than having to get your parts from Colt only,and paying that higher price,no. I think the parts will be around for awhile,so I don't think you need to stock up.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
There are companies selling the replacement parts for Colt rifles now, but I don't think that it is worth the hassle in my opinion. Buy a Bushmaster and then you don't have to worry about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top