Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 6:18:48 AM EDT
is it better than it used to be?  i am considering a Colt commander and would like an across the board opinion on new Colt pisols.  both good and bad.  they've had some problems in the past, are they over that now with their new leadership?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Kimber or Springfield Armory
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The Colt Gold Cup Trophy has been the best since the 70 Series lately.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

KIMBER CDP
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#4]
We have a new shooter that has a Colt Commander as her firearm...beautiful stainless finish with rosewood grips.  Her husband shoots a Kimber Compact.

The Kimber has yet to malfunction.  Can't say that about the Colt.  However, it MAY be due to her limpwristing or other newbie reason...she is new to shooting & frankly, I think its too much gun for her.  It literally almost jumps out of her hand.

If you get the Colt, do expect to have it worked on....just my opinion.

I would go with Kimber...
www.kimberamerica.com
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Ditto on the Kimber. Skip the Colt.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Absolute best for the money is Kimber.
Springfield Armory is absolute shit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree.....Kimber with Springfield being a close 2nd.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Last weekend a buddy pushed his clip into his new colt. The clip comes apart and all the shells fall out of the bottom of the pistol. Not a Colt fan!
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#9]
colt quality   is an oxymoron.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a full size Colt - series 80. It functions perfectly. My beef with Colts, including my own is that they don't bother to ease the sharp edges on their slides. You can use Colt slides as box cutters.

Meanwhile Kimber offers CDP pistols with the 'melted' edges that make the gun a great carry weapon.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

KIMBER CDP

Actually, per the 1911 forums - the series II small Kimbers are suffering from major and potentially dangerous QC issues.

I was interested in picking up a CDP compact - I think I will wait a year for them to work out the kinks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
is it better than it used to be?  thanks

It's like it always was: hit or miss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top