Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2002 11:56:12 PM EDT
Hay anybody know about the springfield XD do have any info?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:13:48 AM EDT
[#1]
handguns.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=544

This used to be a pistol that was produce by another company. I can't think of the name of it at the moment but I had heard some good things about the original pistol. They were cheaper then though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#2]
HS-2000??
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
HS-2000??

Thats the one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hay anybody know about the springfield XD do have any info?

Saw and held two of 'em yesterday at the Dallas gunshow.  Doc Walther had them for $389 and another dealer wanted $399.

Feel like you'd expect...a lot like a Glock.  The grip safety is light, unobtrusive and I think a good idea.  Trigger with that Glock safety thing feels like guess what...a Glock...maybe lighter.

Fit and finish were OK but not quite to Glock standards.

If they shoot they're a real deal for the money.  No glaring problems.  Wouldn't mind having one.  Put it somewhere on the list.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
You know I'm getting tired of Springfield selling stuff like it's their own manufacture.  These XD's are made by some Yuogslavic company.  Those stupid scopes they sell are made by some Jap company.  They're just acting as middle me and taking their mark-up.  God only knows what kind of quality control this Yuogslavic company has - bet they're not ISO 9000/9001 certified.  If it looks like a Glock, feels like a Glock, then why not just buy a Glock.  Glocks have stood the test of time in some of the harshist conditions in the world.  The new XD's need to be thoroughly tested over the next several years to see if they're worthy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Have only heard & read good things about the HS2000 (aka Springfield XD)...never bought one as I already own a Glock....good price though!  
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a HS 2000 for Christmas but I haven't shot it yet. There's a forum dedicated to these pistols at www.hs2000talk.com/. A Springfield Armory factory rep is on the website and there's some good info on the XD model there.

Sitting Bull, they're made in Croatia not Yugoslavia. Time will indeed tell, but so far so good. There are quite a few Glock owners who actually like the HS 2000/XD better. I don't think Springfield would have bought the rights if they didn't think this pistol had a future.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#8]
With my limited access to a range, I put 1,200 rounds through my HS2000 (exact same gun as the XD, just brought in-country by SA) and I love it.  One thing to keep in mind... IT IS NOT A GLOCK CLONE!!!  It's heritage is more Sig than it is Glock.  It was in use by the Croation military and police long before it was brought here, so I think it's been tested pretty well.

The grip isn't as bulky as a Glock (easier for women like my wife to grip it), and it points more naturally, at least for me.  It's the first handgun I've ever shot/owned, and I was getting 3.5" groups at 10yds. within the first couple hundred rounds.  The gun is far more accurate than I will ever be.

Sitting Bull,
Buy 2 HS2000s (if you can find them) for the price of one Glock, or buy one HS2K and spend the rest of the cash on ammo (excellent quality at a great price).  Or buy a Springfield XD and have less money for ammo (but still excellent quality at a decent price).
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The HS2000 is a GREAT pistol.  They are made in Croatia.

The thing that SUCKS, is that when they were the HS2000, they sold for $289.

Now that springfield picked them up and renamed them, they jacked the price up $100 more.

Now that the price increased, I'd spring for the Glock, since they are in the same $$$ category.

The only thing the HS has going right now, is that you can convert cheap hi-caps to work in it, where as the Glock hi-caps are running around $80.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Buy 2 HS2000s (if you can find them) for the price of one Glock,

ahahahaha!  Boy, is that ever an exxageration!  The cheapest the HS2000's were was about $279.  

Double that, and that's ~$560.  The cheapest comparable Glocks are available for $435.  That AINT 2 for 1.

or buy one HS2K and spend the rest of the cash on ammo

Now that Springfield has jacked up the price to $389, you only save ~$45

That dont buy a lot of ammo....
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#11]
They take the same mags as the Beretta 92.  You just have to drill a hole and file a the upper side flat in the front of the mag and it will work in both guns
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Plus you get a Glock, I don't think much else needs to be said.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Not to mention you can also get a Glock factory refurb for $390 (or maybe less).

where?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Not to get involved in a pissing contest but.
I have both a glock and an HS. I prefer the hs because it is its more acccurate. As for longiviety I have 4000+ rounds through both without a burp.

DeltaV
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I have put a Glock 19 and an HS2000 to an accuracy test, from a bench/sandbags.

The Glock was the more accurate pistol.

Both are better shooters than most of us are capable of, but if you shot the HS2000 better, it was probably because you favor it's grip/grip angle/trigger, because from everything I have read, and my experience, the HS2000 is NOT as accurate as a standard out of the box Glock.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#17]
This is sweet....

DeltaV took the words out of my mouth.  For some reason I shoot my HS more than my Glock now.  It's a damn solid built gun and probably the best $300 I've ever spent.  I think SA is going to have a good run with these (although they would have been better off keeping the price low).  

February Guns & Ammo has an article on these.  Funny how the "mags" won't cover certain gems until an advertiser is dealing them.  They give a little credit to the Croats (not even mentioning IM Metal once!), but make SA sound like the brilliant minds behind it all.  From what I see, the XD is the EXACT same pistol, only SA is going to have them in calibers that HS was promising.  I'm guessing that delay was due to this being in the works for some time, and SA was watching popularity before signing the dotted line.

Damn! I almost sound like a Springfield Armory basher!!  Actually I think all SA's products are top notch and that this was a real good business descision for them.  I just wish G&A gave a little more credit to the little guy.

BTW.  In ND, most Glock dealers (and there aren't many of them) keep their prices around the $600 mark, so the 2 for 1 thing is possible.  And I'm not sure a refurb Glock = a new XD (or HS2000).  I'm sure everybody will get a chance to shoot one soon enough, because you might just see them all over!

Just venting.......I'm not even sure why I still buy G&A.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
ahahahaha!  Boy, is that ever an exxageration!  The cheapest the HS2000's were was about $279.  

Double that, and that's ~$560.  The cheapest comparable Glocks are available for $435.  That AINT 2 for 1.

Some folks have gotten an HS2K for $250.  The cheapest Glock I've seen in this area (NE) is $550. Even a used G19 costs over $450 around here.

Now that Springfield has jacked up the price to $389, you only save ~$45

That dont buy a lot of ammo....

Note, I said buy one HS2000 NOT a SA-XD.  You can still find HS2K for $280 if you look.  $150 savings buys a case or more of cheapo Wolf ammo, which my HS eats a steady diet of with no problems.  True, if you by an SA-XD, then the savings won't be huge.

I'd like to know where to get a Glock for as cheap as you get them. I'd love to get myself a G27 for CCW if/when our state gets CCW.  Wouldn't have changed my decision on our home defense pistol, since my wife couldn't grip the G19 comfortably (small hands).

If you shoot your Glock more accurately, then good.  Others have shot their HS next to their Glock and find the HS more accurate.  That, too, is good.

(edited to get the quotes to work)
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#20]

You can still find HS2K for $280 if you look.

There is a Gen 1 on hs2000talk.com from a guy in Texas for $279, but he specified in-state sale only to avoid shipping hassles. The going rate these days is around $320-$350 for a Gen 3 and there's one selling locally for $400, too much IMO. The Gen 2s may be higher because so few were made before they went to the Gen 3s.

There were a limited number of HS 2000s to hit the market before Springfield bought the rights so I agree, if you can find one, nab it. Springfield has stated that they will fully honor the warranty and spare parts are already in stock, not that you'll need any spare parts soon but it's nice to know there's a source for them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#21]
so whats the deal with HS2000 mags, hicaps, i mean?
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
so whats the deal with HS2000 mags, hicaps, i mean?

Beretta 92F, Taurus 92/99, Sig P226, TZ-99, S&W 5906 hicap mags will all work in the HS2000 with a little modification (completely legal since they still work in the original guns).  Drill one hole,  file flat the top part of the new hole (or use a dremel) and it's good to go.  Thus, hicaps for the HS2K/SA-XD can be had for $15-20.  Or just by the XD .40 cal mags and stuff 12 9mm rounds into them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
there's one selling locally for $400, too much IMO.

$400 for an HS?  Quality would be worth it, but  I'd buy an XD .40 for that price instead.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The factory refurb Glock deal has been in place for years, they are completely rebuilt (what little there is to rebuild) and are held to the same standards as new.  A few years ago all the refurbs came w/ hi-caps and the prices were as around $379, this was the best deal to be found.  (Keep in mind this was before Y2K and dealers started swapping the hi-caps for lo-caps.)

I do remember seeing some, after being reminded of the hi-cap swapping.  I've seen people selling police trade-in's that were super sloppy for the same price.  I have a G23 and will never get rid of it (although I'll never shoot anything too hot through it )

I've never purchased a refurbished gun, but I've had bad experiences with other refurbished products that I thought I was getting a deal on.

I guess what I'm getting at is that for me, I would rather buy new or used-but in great condition.  To me, refurbished has always meant defective (originally), or heavliy used (or abused).  I also realize comparing Glock to HS2000 is sort of like the Chevy vs. Ford battle, with the only people who lose the argument being those who continue to argue.  All things considered, I do believe the HS2000 at a new price of $299 represents a better value than a refurbished Glock at $379.

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
there's one selling locally for $400, too much IMO.

$400 for an HS?  Quality would be worth it, but  I'd buy an XD .40 for that price instead.

So would I. I don't have a problem with people selling HS2000s for more than the $250-$280 they paid for it - Capitalism - Supply and Demand - and all that stuff. But $400 borders on price gouging. I would still bet a dollar to a donut that somebody will buy it at that price.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#26]
What's the point of the grip safety?  The pistol won't fire unless you press the trigger, and you'll almost always be gripping the pistol when you press the trigger, so... what sort of AD or ND is the grip safety supposed to prevent?

BTW, if they build a .45 version that uses 1911 magazines, I'll overlook the extraneous "safety".
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
What's the point of the grip safety?  The pistol won't fire unless you press the trigger, and you'll almost always be gripping the pistol when you press the trigger, so... what sort of AD or ND is the grip safety supposed to prevent?

Would you ever want your gun to go off when it wasn't being gripped?  If not, then why not have a grip safety?  If you're gripping the pistol and pulling the trigger, it darn well better fire.  Otherwise, it better not.  The grip safety is there to prevent the gun from firing when it is not being properly gripped.  I can't imagine I'd ever want mine to go off when I'm not gripping it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top