Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2002 10:12:27 PM EDT
Here is a HK USP I would *Really,Really* like to have but it seems to be available in Europe only. You can find it on the European web site but not the U.S. web site.

Take a look:

Anyone know a way to convince HK to sell this here???

I promise i'll buy one !!!!

I forgot to mention this model is the USP Custom Sport
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]
This is basically the USP Tactical w/o the extended, threaded barrel. If you really want that config., buy the Tactical & swap barrels. Personally, I prefer the stock Tactical barrel over the std. designs.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought so but here the Caliban won't allow the Tactical to be sold here....

In the mean time I sure hope something works out with some of the [out of state] land i'm looking into
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm....

I wonder if there is another model which come with some of these options or one which can be modified.

I know the stock USP doesn't accept many of the features of the Expert and Tactical (e.g.- Trigger).

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:15:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This is basically the USP Tactical w/o the extended, threaded barrel. If you really want that config., buy the Tactical & swap barrels. Personally, I prefer the stock Tactical barrel over the std. designs.

Does the USP Tactical have target sights?

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, externally, that basically appears to be the tactical without the extended threaded barrel.  Obviously can't tell from that picture whether the barrel it does use has the O-ring or not.  I'm not sure how easy it would be to buy the standard .45 barrel from HK - they don't seem to like to sell individual parts.  But, you can buy a variety of barrles from CCFA - standard length with o-ring, extended (but non-threaded) with o-ring, etc.

http://www.ccfa.com

BTW - the triggers for the tactical, USP, and expert should be interchangable.  AFAIK, they are all just the "match" trigger upgrade that you can have installed on a standard USP for about $100.

Rocko
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:24:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does the USP Tactical have target sights?

YES
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Or you could just buy the USP45f and upgrade to the target sights and adjustable trigger.  USP45f and USP tactical are identical  except the tactical has the high profile sights, different recoil buffer, both to compensate for a supressor.  The tactical also sports the adjustable trigger.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Cal's, whose web site is down, has had some Custom Sport USPs in the past, though I don't remember the caliber.

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:09:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Buy a USP .45 and put adjustable sights on it.

Or buy a Tactical and put a non-threaded barrel in it.

1st is cheaper though...
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I thought so but here the Caliban won't allow the Tactical to be sold here....

Oceanside Shooting Academy has the handgun pictured for sale. It's the Cali legal version of the Tactical (no threaded Brl).
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Put target sights on a standard USP 45 and walla.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Put target sights on a standard USP 45 and walla.

Don't forget the Match trigger...voila.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top