Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2002 10:10:37 PM EDT
i bought a battle pack (more like a target pack don't tell any one) its ball m1A3 what the heck is that all about? i see the mention of green bullets and black bullets every thing under the sun but no m1a3.   is this a blank?
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:52:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's in a brown plastic battlepack with a zip strip opener this is South African military surplus ammunition from the 80s.  Similar to US M193 55-grain FMJ ammunition.

Lots of people shoot it and it seems to be pretty good ammunition.  I keep some of it around along with other types of ammunition.

One thing though since it is Berdan primed rather than Boxer primed either a) it cannot be reloaded or b) it can be reloaded if you have special equipment to pull the primers.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I think they're up to M1A5, maybe newer.  M1A3 was pakaged up to 1988.  M1A4 starts in 1989.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top