Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/25/2017 7:35:25 PM
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 1/7/2002 4:42:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2002 4:54:26 AM EDT by misterhemi]

I bought this about a 1-1/2 years ago. In the Ruger catalog they have a model similar to this listed as KMK-678GC. On my paperwork and on the factory label it is listed as a KMK-678GCL.

The differences are the GC has checkered grips where as the GCL has smooth grips and a gold colored (plated??) trigger.

Does anyone have any info on this??

Oh, I forgot to add that this also has the ORIGINAL red Ruger logo on the grips.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:12:26 AM EDT
I bought one with the following:

2" heavy barrel
shiny Blued finish
thumbrest wood grips w/logo
gold trigger

Ruger made a batch of these guns for an outfit out east, and my local gun shop picked them up from Ruger after the outfit reneged on the order. From what I understand, ruger will make this pistol in all kinds of configurations and colors on request.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:02:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Boom Stick:

2" heavy barrel
shiny Blued finish
gold trigger

Ruger made a batch of these guns for an outfit out east, and my local gun shop picked them up from Ruger after the outfit reneged on the order. From what I understand, ruger will make this pistol in all kinds of configurations and colors on request.

For these guns do they issue them a different model number? (E.g.- KMK-678GC versus KMK-678GCL)
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:55:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Boom Stick:

2" heavy barrel
shiny Blued finish
gold trigger

The barrel is only 2" long?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 11:46:53 AM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:11:52 PM EDT
I think Ruger introduce a limited ed. with taper blued 4" barral and a red med. grip.

I think its 50 or 25 year of MKII
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:36:01 PM EDT
I believe the RED Ruger crest was brought back to commemorate the death of one of the partners. The "L" may be "limited"

I have the same slab-side without gold trigger, checkered grips, and blk Ruger crest
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:03:53 PM EDT
All of Ruger's guns are "limited production"...that is, they are limited to the maximum number they can produce!!!

All joking aside, Ruger does make a number of variations as stated. Your barrel/grip combination is somewhat unique, I don't know if I have ever seen both together. Then again, I am not an expert on Ruger's guns.

Either way, that's a beauty...and you should experience many years of shooting with that. I love .22LR guns as they're a load of fun to shoot and CHEAP to buy ammo.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:49:48 PM EDT
]www.ruger-firearms.com/hgpages/kmk678gc.html]

]www.gunblast.com/Ruger_50th.htm]

I could not find anything on a limited edition slab-side Mark II.

"Alex Sturm himself, who was a student of heraldry, originally designed Ruger’s distinctive trademark “phoenix” logo, and at the company’s inception the grip medallions featured a red phoenix. Upon Sturm’s untimely death in 1950, Ruger ordered that henceforth the grip medallions would no longer feature a red phoenix, in memory of his friend and business partner. The medallions were initially changed to feature a black phoenix, and over the years a silver phoenix on a black background became the standard. The 50th Anniversary Model invokes the spirit of the original medallions by featuring a silver phoenix on a red background. This logo is also set into the bottom of the two magazines that are included with each gun (nice touch, Ruger!).

Top Top