Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 1/4/2002 8:20:26 PM EDT
Does anyone know how to shorten the synthetic stock or where I can buy a shorter one?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:28:50 PM EDT
Just out of curiosity, how tall are you? I'd like a Benelli M1 and their website say the length of pull is 14 3/8 inches! That does seem long.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:09:44 PM EDT
I'm 5'10 and its way too long, especially with body armor.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:58:52 PM EDT
I don't know of anyone making a shorter stock as of yet. The problem with doing that is making a shorter recoil tube assembly. Shortening the tube will also involve playing with the cyclic rate of the gun and all kinds of other stuff beyond me. Bronwnells offers a recoil pad adapter that allows the placement of a aftermarket recoil pad on a benelli. A guy could look at using the adapter only and that would drop off about 1" from the length of pull. Sounds like you are using the gun in a SAS stance. Be patient....I know of one manufacturer that WILL have a short AR15/M16 stock for this purpose along with an 870 short stock for starters.These will be availible soon. I have already begun the discussion of a short benelli stock with them. Watch the manufacturer forums and shot show info over the next few weeks for info.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:39:35 AM EDT
Hiredgun
Thank you for the information. Im eager to learn more. If you dont mind send me the companies contact information so I can bug them also.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:51:56 AM EDT
I'm 5'5", and I had the same problem, only worse. I couldn't bring the shotgun up quickly enought without snagging under my armpit. Never did find a solution, though I considered removing the plate and grinding down the butstock about 1". Finally, I just sold the thing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:08:21 AM EDT
im 6'1'' and it fits me just fine
Top Top