Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2002 6:19:35 PM EDT
I recently lost a Grandfather,and he left me with some serious green.
He stipulated that a certain amount went into retirement investments,and the rest to be spent on "Having intelligent fun".
The trip back to Africa is already planned and paid for.
I have a need for another AR,and after doing the 'smith thing full time for several years,have built more than a few.
I'm looking for input on a handy "Truck/Jeep carbine".
Gramps always had a M1 Carbine in the truck,and it took hundreds of woodchucks,Coyotes,stray cats and dogs,and one time even took out a rather ticked off,Angus Bull.
I'm gonna build a "Legacy" carbine to haul around.
I have already begun the search for a pre-ban lower,either a Bushy or Colt.
But where from there do I go?
I like the Bushy M4,and have lots of hands on with them,but find them a bit "Nose heavy".
I will probably mount up a ACOG.
Trigger wise I have had outstanding results from the accuracy speaks trigger unit and am leaning that way.
Hit me with some ides folks,and please...explain your reasons.
What I want to end up with is a M1 Carbine for an 80's/90's generation Jarhead,in the name of a WWII generation Army Grunt.
Any and all input will be appreciated!
Thanks all!
S-28

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
all I can really say, is that I would not make my truck gun a preban Ar15. That is way to much money to lose if your truck is broken into and it gets stolen. I would go with a postban A1 or A2

my pickup gun now is a SKS

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top