Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2002 3:08:47 PM EDT
Ok - I am pulling the trigger on a new weapon...the question is which one (please don't say all - that won't help)

1) Benelli M1 Tactical Semi Auto 12Ga. w/ pistol grip
2) Weatherby Tactical Response Rifle (heavy barrel.308)
3) Remmington Light Tactical Rifle (heavy fluted barrel .308)

Both rifles would be scoped with a Leupold Tactial Illuminated Scope and have a swivel bipod.

The thing is I already have a great long range rifle but it is 7MM Mag and after a day at the range I am sore. Aint cheap to shoot either. Going with a short (22") tactical rifle may be a lot of fun.

The Benelli is simply too cool for words. I have a pump action Mossberg 12ga but was thinking of getting a "real" shotgun. I'd prefer the Benelli M4 but there is no way I can get that in CA. My state sucks.

I'd be curious to hear your opinions...
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#1]
My two cents - no brainer.

Buy the Remmington.

Oh, you probably want reasons to see if they make sense.

1)  If you got one 12 guage pump/auto you have enough.  Unless of course you are into hunting with shotgun or sports shooting (clays/skeet).  I mean, what the hell do you do with a 12 gauge?

2)  Hmmm Weatherby.  Lovely rifles.  Cost a bit too.  But functionally, I don't think the Weatherby can do anything the Rem can't.  

3)  Rem costs less.

4)  Rem action had the most aftermarket toys/stocks/parts available.

I have a Steyr 308 tact rifle and I wish I had the Rem just for the available aftermarket stocks.

Have fun.

James
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
well, the Benelli is nice and has my attention, having only used Rem./Mossberg/Mil. but the Rem 308 would be nice too.  The Weatherby, in my oppinion are nice, but overpriced.  Ahh to have your dilema
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I know people who are less than pleased with the performance of their Remington PSS, but most people of course like 'em.

I didn't even know Weatherby made a "tactical" rifle.  WWRS (What Would Roy Say)?

Buy the Benelli.  You won't regret it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top