Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 1/2/2002 3:08:47 PM EDT
Ok - I am pulling the trigger on a new weapon...the question is which one (please don't say all - that won't help)

1) Benelli M1 Tactical Semi Auto 12Ga. w/ pistol grip
2) Weatherby Tactical Response Rifle (heavy barrel.308)
3) Remmington Light Tactical Rifle (heavy fluted barrel .308)

Both rifles would be scoped with a Leupold Tactial Illuminated Scope and have a swivel bipod.

The thing is I already have a great long range rifle but it is 7MM Mag and after a day at the range I am sore. Aint cheap to shoot either. Going with a short (22") tactical rifle may be a lot of fun.

The Benelli is simply too cool for words. I have a pump action Mossberg 12ga but was thinking of getting a "real" shotgun. I'd prefer the Benelli M4 but there is no way I can get that in CA. My state sucks.

I'd be curious to hear your opinions...
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:05:12 PM EDT
My two cents - no brainer.

Buy the Remmington.

Oh, you probably want reasons to see if they make sense.

1) If you got one 12 guage pump/auto you have enough. Unless of course you are into hunting with shotgun or sports shooting (clays/skeet). I mean, what the hell do you do with a 12 gauge?

2) Hmmm Weatherby. Lovely rifles. Cost a bit too. But functionally, I don't think the Weatherby can do anything the Rem can't.

3) Rem costs less.

4) Rem action had the most aftermarket toys/stocks/parts available.

I have a Steyr 308 tact rifle and I wish I had the Rem just for the available aftermarket stocks.

Have fun.

James
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:09:58 PM EDT
well, the Benelli is nice and has my attention, having only used Rem./Mossberg/Mil. but the Rem 308 would be nice too. The Weatherby, in my oppinion are nice, but overpriced. Ahh to have your dilema
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:22:16 PM EDT
I know people who are less than pleased with the performance of their Remington PSS, but most people of course like 'em.

I didn't even know Weatherby made a "tactical" rifle. WWRS (What Would Roy Say)?

Buy the Benelli. You won't regret it.
Top Top