Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 1/2/2002 1:43:22 AM EST
I have a Ar-15 I got the kit from JT dist. Its a great gun but there is no way in this world I can shoot I without any protection. Yes common sence says to wear ear plugs, but if what if it was needed in a situation and ear plugs was not practicle? This gun is so loud it will ring your bell. It is a 16" version of this with the same built on brake
http://webcats.net/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=J&Product_Code=AR411&Category_Code=BU
Now is there any other brake brake I can get that will soften the noise?Legally?
I noticed they have a 16 commando with the 5.5 flashider is that post band? If so if I had to buy another upper is the 5.5 softer in noise?
Any ideas is appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:15:24 AM EST
There is nothing you can buy to lessen the noise without it being a suppressor. You could put a 20" barrel on it, but that is about it.

I suggest you just practice with it with hearing protection and if you are ever in a situation where you need to use it for your protection, I guarantee you won't be bothered by the report. Just ask a million guys out of Vietnam.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:22:18 AM EST
Well im use to noise, 36 yrs old hundreds of concerts,been in a band myself, work constuction , been shooting most of my life anything that goes bang,served in the Army and I tell you after mt New years brewhaha my ears still hurt (bad)
Top Top