Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2001 2:05:39 PM EDT
Okay thinking of buying a MAC and the guy says it's preban. Serial # (lower) 89-0042xxx, preban? If so, he has a post ban upper on it, can I order and install a preban threaded barrel on it? If I was to get a tax stamp for a suppressor is it legal to install on a preban MAC-11? Sure this is a class 3 dealer question just wondered if anyone knew?
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I wouldn't touch the M11 if it wasn't full-auto.  I had one in 94 and the thing was pure junk.  It would only be worth it if it could pump our 12rnds per sec or such.  Otherwise, I'd look to save the money for something better.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#2]
if this is one of those m-911's i wouldn't own one at all---had one years ago and something was alway breaking--if this thing has plastic mags like the one i had they are junk also....Dick
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes this gun is preban. In the serial number the first two digits represent the year of manufacture, so this one was obviously made in 1989. Because this gun left the factory as a preban gun it is grandfathered and you can replace the postban upper with a preban if you would like.

It would also be completely legal to buy and attach a suppressor to this weapon, as long as the suppressor itself is registered.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top