Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2001 5:27:29 AM EDT
greetings.  Been shopping around for a good deal on the Bushmaster XM15 E2S A3 20'' Barrel Rifle.  The local shop wants $1400 for it and impactguns.com is offering it for $759.  Does this sound right? Another online dealer wants $799 plus $95 for the carry handle which my Bushmaster catalog lists as included. I read the thread about impactguns being swamped and sometimes slow to ship, but there is no mention of a rip off, and only one post about an advertised deal not being honored (due to out of stock).  
    Has anyone else taken these guys up on this deal and/or had a good experience with them?
Thanks for your help.  This is my first post, but I tried to read all of the old ones before starting a new one.
Rob
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:34:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Where do you live? Your local shop is trying to rip you off. Some pre-bans I know go for cheaper than that. Do they do transfers? Maybe buy it that way.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in Orlando, FL.  Yeah, I feel like they are trying to take me.  Their manufacturer's suggested price was $1249- but I thought they would be going under that to like $960 or something- when they came back with $1400 I laughed.  They charge $36 for transfers, but I don't want anything else to do with them at this point.  There are one or two other shops that can receive the rifle for me, but don't carry Bushmasters.
Thanks for the input.
Rob
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:47:15 AM EDT
[#3]
My local shop sells them for $800 and this is in MA.I would highly suggest buying one online and having it shipped to an FFL.Look on www.gunbroker.com for some other FFL's in your area.I found a home-based FFL like that who only charged $10 for tranfers.It's worth looking into.You might also try ordering direct from Bushmaster.My order was only delayed one week when I ordered from them last month.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:00:41 AM EDT
[#4]
They hover around $850 or so here. Do you have any shows in your area? Usually you can pick up a Bushmaster for right around $700 at the local shows in OH. Make damn sure you go back into that shop to laugh in that guy's face. Their manufacturers suggested price also sounds fishy. $1249 is around what they suggest for a DCM rifle. Standard 20" A3s typically go for much less. I personally hate going through the hassle of doing a transfer, but if your local shops are going to rape you, I would look into it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They hover around $850 or so here. Do you have any shows in your area? Usually you can pick up a Bushmaster for right around $700 at the local shows in OH. Make damn sure you go back into that shop to laugh in that guy's face. Their manufacturers suggested price also sounds fishy. $1249 is around what they suggest for a DCM rifle. Standard 20" A3s typically go for much less. I personally hate going through the hassle of doing a transfer, but if your local shops are going to rape you, I would look into it.

My first AR was an E2S 20" from Target World in Cincinnati. $840.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
You may want to try www.sportingarms.com  

I've typically gotten quotes much lower than local dealers.  Can't hurt to ask.  You can always transfer to a shop in your area.

Online guys may have much lower overhead & may pass the savings on to you.

$1400.00?  Wayyyyy too much.  You can buy a preban for that much as someone has already stated.

Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude, for around $750-900 you can buy a pre-ban receiver and do whatever you want to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top