Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2001 7:17:35 PM EDT
i just gave a friend of mine an extra computer i had laying around, a p2-450 w/a keyboard, mouse & 3d video card, which i got from work, but put the video card in. the value should be a few hundred +. he offered me his s&w model 39, for the computer, which he's had for years but can't have more than a couple hundred rounds throught it being he doesn't belong to a range & has only been to one twice w/me. any opinions on this gun would be appreciated.
thanks
pat
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:54:59 PM EDT
Dude, the first gun I ever bought was a Md 39-2. Many fond memories. I would believe the 39 will hold what's left of it's value more than a pII. Mine was 100% and pretty slim. I actually saw one in a gun shop the other day and thought about buying it for old times sakes, doubt that would ever happen to a pII.

Bill
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:59:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Another-Bill:
Dude, the first gun I ever bought was a Md 39-2. Many fond memories. I would believe the 39 will hold what's left of it's value more than a pII. Mine was 100% and pretty slim. I actually saw one in a gun shop the other day and thought about buying it for old times sakes, doubt that would ever happen to a pII.

Bill

Who in the hell do you think you are???? How did you read my mind???? For real, it was my first pistol also. I regret selling it. It also was the first and last gun I ever sold. Boo Hoo!!
GG
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:51:41 PM EDT
The Model 39 was the first auto pistol that I ever fired. It's a real gem of a shooter and I can't say that I've ever enjoyed another S&W auto product as much.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:56:32 PM EDT
Carried one for years when I was a cop in Jersey. They are surely low-tech, but they work well, and hold up pretty well too. Sounds like you ought to grab it.
Frank N.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:28:28 PM EDT
thank you guys....i'll grab it. the price is surely right.

thanks again
pat
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:44:09 AM EDT
I want my s&w 39 back. still have pearl grips for my next one.

Link Posted: 12/31/2001 11:51:45 AM EDT
not ythe first gun i ever owned but other than a revolver it was probably the most reliable--i remember i had a bunch of shells with exposed lead on the end and my highpower had messed them up--you know what i mean smeared the noses--pushed the bullets back in the cases--ect....anyway loaded up two mags of messed up bullets and the 39 would shoot them as fast as i could pull the trigger......found a beat up used one a while back for 125 and it now resides at my daughers house--don't stop by her house with ill intentions or you may get shot.....Dick
Top Top