Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2001 7:50:58 AM EDT

Well shop guy gets the owner.  He starts yelling at me as soon as he comes out.  He accuses me of trying to use my position as a Police officer to bully him into getting a refund.  this was only mentioned when i purchased the gun and never since.  He says I am like a child with a bike who throws it down and does not want it any more.  I show him the round that had been double fed into the gun.  He says to me, how do I know that these were even fired in this gun.  For all I know you knocked the bullet into the case with a hammer.

I feel that this is calling me a liar.  He threatens to call my sergant at work.  He then tells me to leave the store.

I dont even know if he is aware of all of the problems that have been associated with this rifle.

I have to ask.  Is this a company that has "American Spirit"

Oh yes then he threatened that i better not defame him or i would have bigger problems.  Well this is not defamation every one of the statements made here can be verified.

What have you experienced been?

unhappy in arizona

sorry this was too long for one post
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#1]
thanks for the input, i was about to buy a asa 16" kit
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I have owned a 16" ASA15 for about 2 years now. I periodically have extraction problems with it, but a good cleaning usually resolves it. My only experience with them directly was when I purchased it, and they were very professional and helpful.

Sorry to hear about all the headaches.

Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]
This is nothing new people. ASA is very happy to take your money.... Just don't ever ask for them to honer there agreement.

Bob is a prick, plain and simple.

ASA recievers are very nice..... if you don't have to deal with BOB go ahead and buy a reciever... Avoid uppers and kits like the plague. Bob has a long history of verbal abuse on his "customers".

The new guys on the Build it forum have not been listening... I guess well start hearing a new round of BOB sightings.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#4]
unhappy,

Geez, this sounds like dejavu.  Bob, the owner of ASA, is a total butthole.  Why he is still in business is a mystery to me.  Every person I speak to (as you will too) about ARs is warned about doing business with them.

Yeah, their reciever is nice quality, but nothing else about the company is worth the trouble or risk.  I also returned a defective rifle (round trip rides get old don't they) 9 times.  And so long as you play their game of take the new junk they give you and don't ask for a refund no problems.  But hey, at a certain point you expect a rifle that cycles reliably.  It isn't like they are cutrate in price.

After Butthole Bob threw my rifle back into the showroom, I took my rifle to a quality gunsmith and had the problems sorted out.   Amazingly enough - first time.  My problem was only a gas port that needed opening.  Regardless,  Butthole Bob treated me as a fool, a liar, and rudely.  I have and will continue for life to warn people not to do business with him - he is lower than pond scum.  I know for certain I have cost him easily 10-15 rifle sales.  It feels good.

Unhappy, I hope you get your problems sorted out.  It sucks being played by people like American Spirit Arms.

James
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#5]
there was a part one to this but i cant find it any more.  seems to have been deleted

unhappy in az
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:52:24 AM EDT
[#6]
unhappy,

Posts don't stay in order.  Whenever one has a reply or is updated, it jumps to the top of page one.  Your part 1 has no replies and is way back on page 2-10 somewhere.

But, in explaining that, this post goes BTT.

James
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:29:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Another ASA horror story?  I'd bet Bob and Todd of SW are related somehow.  jimmybcool, I know your experience was terrible and I feel for you but.......I absolutely loved your story about Bob throwing your rifle at you!  It amazes me that he did it, and I'm not sure that I'd have kept an even keel if it was done to me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:29:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the heads-up, guys. Always wondered about them but had never heard anything so stayed away.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#9]
The customer treatment at ASA has been WELL documented here and at the old forum since day 1.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Well all my dealings with ASA are done.  I sold the gun? for $130 more than i paid for it thanks to the free upgrades that they put on it while they were working on it.  I guess that gives me the last smile. :)

Happy in az now

PS. planning on buying ruger target 10/22 and the new varmit/target .223.  Might even have money left over.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a problem with an ASA upper and after they repaired it once (didn't fix the problem), they finally replaced the entire upper. The new upper is totally reliable. I never had to deal with Bob because for a while they had a guy to handle customer support. I guess after things got straightened out, the guy left, and now they're back to their old BS. That Bob guy has a very bad reputation.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, it's good to hear your happy. It is a shame you had to deal wit bob.

I hope your future AR's will be of higher quality.

What was that guys name..... the guy that was doing customer service....  Where did he end up going? The firearms industry is kinda tight nit, somebody must know.

Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Troy,

It isn't even that.  There ARE no savings.  ASA is not cheaper than Bushmaster or Armalite.  They claim to make "better" stuff with superior accuracy and other lines of BS.

I mean, if it was a cheaper rifle then our bad for trying to save money.  But when we get crap, and a load of ^&* from the owner and didn't even save money?  Well, as you say.  Why would anyone do business with them after knowing the score?

James
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I had heard ASA was not customer freindly before I bought my AR15 kits an glad now that J&T has my money and in my opinion money spent well.ASA has some nice looking weapons an kits but who needs the hassle when something goes wrong.........
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 5:31:09 AM EDT
[#17]
ASA is in a suite in a little strip mall.  Some of the other "manufacturers" who have nice ads are in shacks.  For my money I go along with the ABC rule I read a while back:  ArmaLite, Bushmaster, Colt.  You don't save any money buying from the cheapies.  Resale value is better with the ABCs.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Pot-metal junk.  Sue me, asshole.

QS
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#19]
QuietShootr,
That was a Lovely Hiku (sp)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top