Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2001 6:00:28 PM EDT
is oly arm's alluminum lower any good? it is the "T3C Cast Aluminum Receiver" and i think the going price is 82 clams.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
It is very functional.
Goes bang and the parts fit.
cpermd
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 3:47:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I built an AR on a the T3 reciever with no problems whatsoever. There are many elitists on this site that will tell you if it isn't BM, Colt, Armalite or Knights, that it is a POS. Yeah, the above are outstanding rifles but if your budget is limited (like mine), there is nothing wrong with the Oly reciever.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 5:36:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used both cast and forged lowers from OLY. I can say that I think you will be totally satisfied with the product.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
is oly arm's alluminum lower any good? it is the "T3C Cast Aluminum Receiver" and i think the going price is 82 clams.

I know there have been problems with "aluminum" receivers with FAL's.  As an example DS Arms will not manufacture an aluminum FAL receiver - in their tests these receivers have failed.

I understand the pressures are different in an "AR" but still I'd check this out.

Further knowing this is the "holiday" season I don't want to dump cold-water but recently I was forced to eat at "Fred Lobster" and their per-clam price was $15.00/each !!!  Now if you take 82 clams times $15.00 that equals an ArmaLite receiver.......
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
functional.
Goes bang - parts fit.
cpermd

cpermed,
You've just got simplify your posts regarding technical matters !

Even with an IQ reaching high into the lower double digits I have problems dechipering your techno-talk.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#6]
5subslr5
I like Oly and SGW lowers.
Did you know 99.99 of all AR lowers are Aluminum.
The AR lower is nonstressed.
They can be made of wood or plastic.
cpermd
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
5subslr5
I like Oly and SGW lowers.
Did you know 99.99 of all AR lowers are Aluminum.
The AR lower is nonstressed.
They can be made of wood or plastic.
cpermd

Now there you go again.  Being correct.
Before coming back to this post I called a knowledgable friend as I had begun to consider that the lower was unstressed (which he confirmed; complete with lecture) and came back to post what you have already posted !!

Now for purely ego reasons I ain't owning no "firing" gun with a wooden receiver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top