Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2001 9:21:22 AM EDT
I have a Rem-700-PSS in 7mm mag. I'm not really fond of the wide palm swell, and the profile of the stock doesn't really suit me well for offhand shooting.

I'm thinking of selling this OEM stock, and going with a different H-S Precision stock.

Question #1: How much $ can I expect to get out of the factory stock?

Question #2: Does H-S Presision sell a slimmer profile stock, that any of you like? Any offhand reviews from you guys?

I like the stock that comes on the sendaro. I was thinking of getting that stock in their earth brown color.

Any ideas?

_FS
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know if the HS Precision 40XB Stock will fit a Long Action Rem700? I don't think there is any big difference betteen the 40XB's profile and a PSS is there?

Barrel Profile?

40XB Stock:
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be getting a 700P soon.  I was initially going for the LTR, but, I think I'm now leaning towards the PSS in .308.
If I get the PSS, I'm going to change out the stock for the Hogue bedded block version for the reasons you stated.  I'll keep the H-S Precision stock for a later project or revert to original.
You might want to keep the stock...
How do you like the 7mm Rem.Mag. in that rifle?
I've got a BDL in 7 and love it.  I imagine the hvy.bbl. tames the recoil a bit?
Good shooting.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Rem 700 VLS that I now use a PSS DM stock on and I find the wider stock great for target and varmint shooting but auckward for offhand shooting as you describe.

I beleave all of Remington Heavy Barrels are the same diameter so a 40XB stock should work.  

WhatI would do is post your LONG ACTION PSS stock for trade for a VS stock.  There are plenty of guys that would prefer your stock at www.snipercountry.com/forsale/forsale.html  Good Luck!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a Rem 700 VLS that I now use a PSS DM stock on and I find the wider stock great for target and varmint shooting but auckward for offhand shooting as you describe.

I beleave all of Remington Heavy Barrels are the same diameter so a 40XB stock should work.  

WhatI would do is post your LONG ACTION PSS stock for trade for a VS stock.  There are plenty of guys that would prefer your stock at www.snipercountry.com/forsale/forsale.html  Good Luck!

I want to find a PSS stock for my  223 VSSF. I like the palmswell better...
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Darn!

Long action!  I was willing to trade my 700 VS for your PSS but my .308 is a Short Action.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:08:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'll be getting a 700P soon.  I was initially going for the LTR, but, I think I'm now leaning towards the PSS in .308.
If I get the PSS, I'm going to change out the stock for the Hogue bedded block version for the reasons you stated.  I'll keep the H-S Precision stock for a later project or revert to original.
You might want to keep the stock...
How do you like the 7mm Rem.Mag. in that rifle?
I've got a BDL in 7 and love it.  I imagine the hvy.bbl. tames the recoil a bit?
Good shooting.

I have a LTR in .308 It is a great rifle. The factory HS stock on it has NO palm swell, slightly wider then normal forarm, and it has been shortened slightly to accomadate the shorter bbl. It's my favorite rifle to shoot, and will shoot 3/8 moa with the right ammo.

My 7mm has a more recoil, although i have been wearing a shooting jacket with it so I don't have a sore arm the next day. The heavy bbl keeps it down a bit. I have gotten .5 moa out of it with hand loads. I havn't found any factory loads that will shoot sub-moa yet. I'm looking to switch the stock out on it so I can make it my long range elk hunting rifle for eastern oregon. I'm going to have to look into that VS stock and see if that's what I'm interested in...

HS has a lot of nice stocks on their website, and some of their color schemes are great!

Thanks for all the replies.

_FS  
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#7]
FS...How much $ 'ya want for the PSS LA stock?
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
FS...How much $ 'ya want for the PSS LA stock?

Arock- I emailed you offline.

-FS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top