Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2001 8:07:19 PM EDT
Does anyone know of someone in the Phoenix (or even Tucson, since I get down there fairly often) area that can shorten my 30" full choke 1100 barrel to 26" and add Rem Chokes? I'm also curious to know if this would be cheaper then just buying a new barrel....

TIA,

-Greg
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Went to www.anywho.com typed Gunsmith and got 64 hits, not from there maybe you should do the choosing.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure about the RemChokes, but if you wanted to shorten it to 20" and make it into a home defense gun, you can use a hacksaw or a reciprocating saw h.gif (like a Sawzall). Then you'll have to sand the muzzle. A disc sander works great.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Wholesale on Rem replacement 1100 26in bbl with Rem Choke is $145.00.
You might also try posting on a few boards to trade your 30in for the 26in...
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I can shorten your Rem 1100 barrel, install choke tubes and ream the forcing cone. I am in Prescott, AZ. E-mail if interested.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#5]
How far can you shorten the barrel on a gas-operated semiauto shotgun before the drop in pressure at the gas port becomes a problem?
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Havochound: Have a Sawzall, but I'm more interested in having a tactical shotgun for 3-gun matches, and having a better job done on it than I would do with said power tool...

Noname: Thought about selling/trading in the barrel, but I don't think I would get much for it since it may need refinishing since it used to be kept near water by previous owner. I think I can have the work done for less than a new barrel, even when factoring the sale/trade-in value

Jarheadgunner: I'll drop you an e-mail

Renamed: It really depends on the efficiency of the gas system. On the 1100 I think you can get down pretty short (flush with the end of the magazine tube), but I think you also have to open up the gas holes to make it run.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top