Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2001 12:08:23 PM EDT
Here's my update to this thread which I posted on 12/9/01, http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=76610 regarding my qualms about installing the Jewell trigger by myself. Today my trigger arrived from Georgia Precision and so I downloaded and printed out the improved instructions from highpowerrifle.com http://www.highpowerrifle.com/jewell.htm which was really a big help.

No problem. A piece of cake! The only small hold up which I ran into was with the install of the trigger/hammer pin retaining spring. The instructions say “push the free end of the pin retainer spring all the way down into the forward cavity of the lower; ensure that it is below the level of the trigger pin pivot hole.”  Well I could not get it to work that way so I left it in the upward position, completed the hammer pivot pin install and then slipped it downward to engage the grooves on the pivot pin. This was the hardest part of the complete installation. I did not need to use the new set of pivot pins, so I just saved them for future use.

Since I don’t have a trigger weight gauge I just set the trigger adjustments to what feels like, and I’m just guessing here, 1 1/2 lbs. on the first stage and 2 ½ lbs. on the second stage. I adjusted out any creep in the second stage and set the over travel to minimum + ¼ turn.  What a sweet trigger. Now my lower is ready for a competition or varmint upper.

To everyone who offered help on this thread, thanks for everything. I would not have attempted this without your advice.

Edited to correct spelling error.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
See, I told you so.

Congratulations.

Barreling an upper is just a little more difficult, IMHO, but still definately do-able.

Edited to add that assembling the rear site and having it indexed correctly was a pain.  Those spings realy can take off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top