Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/25/2017 7:35:25 PM
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 12/19/2001 6:32:50 AM EDT
Is there any way to do this without having to remove the front sight?

Like to know what I'm getting into before buying one of these. What do I need besides an armoror's wrench, action block and torque wrench? None of which I have yet... Hammer and punch if front sight must be removed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 6:39:55 AM EDT
well, if you're talking about the Knight's RIS/RAS, then all you need is a phillip's head driver. its easier than you may think.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 10:37:36 AM EDT
It's the Oly Arms version. I don't know much about them, but it looked like it threaded onto the upper receiver. Here's the link:

www.olyarms.com/usa.html
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 10:53:22 AM EDT
Ah! yes! the "free-floated" rail. well, you will have to remove the front sight post (punch & hammer) but beyond that, i couldn't tell ya...i've never installed a free-floater before. if you don't get any quality answers, try the "build it yourself" forum.

that is a cool rail system, though, good luck!
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:35:53 AM EDT
Thanx Fatty. The plan is to install the Oly quad rail, put a vertical grip on her and then switch my Tasco red-dot and TACMIII on over from my current handguards. I want to put that Rock River tactical butt stock on it (post-ban Bushmaster Shorty) too. When I get the money, upgrade to a C-More, or something similar, sight.

Not a pre-ban, but pretty close! Should look sweet with the Beta mag, heheh.
Top Top