Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2001 5:34:14 PM EDT
I am stuck trying to decide on either the arsenal aks out of global trade or the vepr.

I want the 7.62x39

So anyway any suggestions would be helpful.

thankyou
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The arsenal AK's look really good but if it were me, I would put a couple hundred with it and but a preban.  They have been selling for around $750 lately.  my .02
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#2]
check out www.aimsurplus.com

they got DRAGUNOVS!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi, I have both. My arsenal has a milled receiver which adds weight, stamped receiver bulgarians are just as good ( in my humble opinion)and weigh less. The vepr is already heavy with the heavy barrel. As far as accuracy goes, both are better than the average romainian ak. But i would say the vepr is just a tiny bit more accurate.  Oh by the way the Dragunov at AIM is not a true dragunov, its a beefed up ak. A real dragunov has a milled receiver and has a different gas piston set up as to not vibrate the barrel as much. I have owned a drag and they shoot sweet, but extra mags are a pain to find and expensive.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Cadet, hang on to your money and stay tuned.  I believe that they are still trying to get together a group purchase on a milled 7.62 AK.  From the sound of it, it should be a really sweeeet rifle and we can probably get it at a fair price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top