Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2001 12:24:14 PM EDT
Are they worth the money?  What kind of accuracy can I expect?
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
At just under 1/2 moa with 10 73 bergerLTB's and iron sights (off a Hart rest) its way more accurate than me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
For the cost of buying one factory direct, you might want to have a custom built for not much more.  Go to the competition forum and look under the FAQs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#3]
for the money try a custom rifle.
but having said that a person would need to know what do you want to do with this rifle?
if only for playing around and having a better than average match rifle there are ways to get your bushmaster under what they usually go for.
if you belong to the nra and a state shooting ass. plus a cmp club and shoot a qualifing cmp match you may buy the cmp bushmaster match rifle for hundreds less thru the cmp.
if you plan on highpower shooting that may be a great deal for you and if you want info go to the cmp sight and they let you know what you have to do.
I have seen some impresive scores with that rifle like about a month ago I saw someone shoot a 486 out of 500 with a bushmaster service rifle match grade from them.
if you plan on getting the most for your money you can get a top of the line rifle built by a few different smiths that build the best rifles out there for around $1200 and that is about the same as the retail price on the bushmaster match rifle if you buy it from a shop.
the white oak john holliger rifles are rated very high and that is what I bought back in september.
I have about $1300 into mine but if I had to do it over it could of been done for right around $1200.
my upper has a full 1/4x1/4 rear sights and fully adjustible front sight custom chamber and free float tube and a pac-nor 1 -7 1/2 barrel and is extremly precise. I chose the rock river two stage trigger and it was done by the same person and installed in a bushmaster lower.
even as I'am just starting out again in highpower all my scores have been in the expert or master range an I credit it with the rifle.
but buying a bushmaster thru the cmp you get a great rifle to start out with for right around $800 instead of $1149 or what ever.
go over to the compitition area on this board and they will steer you right and answer any questions you may have .
jon
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
My brother just got the whole DCM gun today. He says it is really sweet. In fact he called me up just to tell me how good it is. From his impressions I would say the gun is really nice.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
All the gun will be used for is shooting targets on the farm or maybe groundhogs. Will I be able to shoot surplus ammo if I go with the DCM upper? I have my AK's for relibility and I want an AR for accuracy. How much difference in accuracy is there in a standard A2 or M4 and the DCM. Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 2:25:37 AM EDT
[#6]
A stndard upper will give you all you need,unless a 1/4 0r 1/2 inch smaller group size at 100yds is worth several hundred dollars to you. The DCM gun is way too heavy top plink with anyway.Groundhog gun?A flat top with a scope might end up being more "accurate" than a iron sighted gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top