Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 8:18:40 PM EDT
anyone have any experience on Walthers model P99 in .40 cal? i was going to buy a 1911 but the Walther in OD green really caught my eye. are they reliable and accurate?
thanx in advance
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 5:28:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the SW99 before S&W sold out. I loved the gun very accurate and comfertable to shoot. I have heard the Walther is even better.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an original Walther P99 with all the Ulm, Germany proof marks on frame, slide and barrel.  It's an awesome gun.  They are very accurate, and come with different front sights for elevation adjustment.  The backstrap is also replaceable with two other different sizes. You can't go wrong.  Make sure you know what version you're purchasing though.  The first gen's were P99's with the tri-trigger.  P990's were released soon afterwards that were only DAO.

HTH.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys..guess its time to go pistol shopping.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I have also handled and fired the 9mm version of the P99.  Feels very comfortable to me.  Walther has come up with the QA "quick action"(it feels something like the Glock's "safe trigger") version of their true DAO.

OT: Check out the CP99 the air gun version of the P99.

Check out their web site at www.walther-usa.com/
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the OD green P99.  With my small hands the adjustable backstrap is great.  The first gun that actually fit me.
I shot Fioci(sp), Winchester, ProLoad, CorBon and Remington along with noname range reloads and they all worked flawless.  For plinking the Fioci was my favorite, the CorBon hurt. :-)
Best accuracy was with Ammomans Remington FMJSP.  I ended up with a 3in hole at 25yds after two 10round strings from the bench.
Hicaps for the 40 only hold 2 extra rounds so the extra U$100 over std 10rd mags isn't worth it.  I heard a rumor that beretta mags work in the P99 but havn't tried it myself yet.
So far the P99 is my favorite gun and it's small enough for regular carry in the colder months.

Fritz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top