Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 11:29:04 AM EDT
I wonder if it possible to replace the front sight on a Standard A2 20" barrel?
I mean  both the base that are attached on the barrel aswell as the sight itself.
I have Pre-ban 20 " 1/7 CMP NATO barrel.

Anyone ho can tell me were i can buy a new
complete front sight assy.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but its recommended a gunsmith do the job.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes, but its recommended a gunsmith do the job.

Thanks!

Is it diffrent for Pre-ban and Post-ban barrels or will it fit to all A2 barrels?
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
There are several places where you can get replacement gas blocks (with flip up front sights, detachable front sight, or weaver mounts).

But why would you want to remove the sight block from a barrel with pre-ban features, to use the same block w/o the features?

If you want to conver the barrel for post-ban use then use a dremel tool to cut off the bayonet lug, then some birch-casey touch up or some cold blueing to protect the exposed metal.

Most gunsmiths can/will do this for a very small fee and its MUCH easier to do than replace the front sight.  Talk with Kurt's Kustom (see the Industry forums) he does this kind of work and can permanently replace the flash suppressor with a post-ban compliant muzzle brake that looks like the A2 flash suppressor(it must be a permanent instalation).
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top