Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 7:05:09 AM EDT
Personally, I use the Fobus Tactical Elite paddle holster and a Fobus paddle single mag pouch. I switched to Fobus after using an Uncle Mike's Kydex holster for a couple months. The paddle actually broke off at the point where it was screwed into the holster. In my opinion, the Fobus is far superior to Kydex.

What do you guys think?

BTW, I carry a Glock 27.

Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:13:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Galco exclusively, both shoulder and hip.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Galco FLETCH for my BDM and a galco IWB for a PPK, for a shoulder holster I use an Eagle setup.

You can't go wrong with either of them.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#4]
FIST Kydex Universal for my custom carry Systema and Ky-Tac magazine holder.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:56:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Galco and BlackHawk.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:07:43 AM EDT
[#6]
An Uncle Mike's inside the pocket holster.  It's a great solution for those of us with pistols as small as a Kel-Tec P-32.  It's also cheap.  Of course, I should qualify that.  I don't CCW with it outside of my own property due to the fact that I live in a state where the state police refuse to honour the shall-issue CCW laws.z
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#7]
For the 27, my favorite is the Hellweg Tactical with the concealment belt plate.  360 degree positioning, retention adjustable, and suede-lined so it is smooth and quiet.  Plus it is polymer and matches the Glock nicely.  Beats the hell out of any other polymer holster out there- very high quality and you can get it from Brownells for around 65 bucks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#8]
AS for the pocket holster for this gun, the 27 does NOT fit into the same category as the keltec 32, unless you have big clown pockets that are made of burlap.  The gun is too heavy for most pockets, and snags on even my largest pockets.  I prefer my 38 snubbie for pocket carry, but that's just me.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Personally, I use the Fobus Tactical Elite paddle holster and a Fobus paddle single mag pouch. I switched to Fobus after using an Uncle Mike's Kydex holster for a couple months. The paddle actually broke off at the point where it was screwed into the holster. In my opinion, the Fobus is far superior to Kydex.

I think what you meant to say is Fobus is better than Uncle Mike's. Kydex is a material, that if I'm not mistaken, the Fobus is also made from.

Personally, I use a Blade-tek IWB (Kydex) to carry my Glock 30. On the rare occasions when I carry a Para-Ordnance P14, I usually use a Galco shoulder rig (Miami Classic). My favorite setup is still my Ruger SP101 in a Ted Blocker pocket holster.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Galco Paddle or Kramer IWB.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I use a Milt Sparks Executive's Companion most, followed by a couple of IWB clip-ons from Bianchi, a Kramer MSP Paddle, a Kramer cowhide IWB, and a Mitch Rosen pocket holster.  Depends mostly on what gun suits the clothes I am wearing or what I am doing that day.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think what you meant to say is Fobus is better than Uncle Mike's. Kydex is a material, that if I'm not mistaken, the Fobus is also made from.

Exactly. I meant that Fobus is better than the Uncle Mike's Kydex. Uncle Mike's are injection molded Kydex, which makes them cheaper, but they aren't as durable. The other Kydex holsters I have seen seem to be made from sheets of Kydex that are folded and formed to the gun. The Fobus isn't Kydex however, it's much more flexible. Also, it's more cofortable to wear for long periods.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Blade-Tech I.W.B. in Olive drap for my Glock21 the Glock30 fits in it to...

Fobus double mag pouch on left hip(im big and it conceals nicley)

Fobus handcuff case in rear of pants (handcuffs are almost as usefull as a flashlight IMO)

I want a Blade-Tech handcuff/tactical light holder(custom)I also need ot buy a sure-fire or other light..I carry mag-light now..not my first choice but better than nothing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Use a Fobus paddle holster for my CCW mini-Sig 232.  I find it comfortable and slim. The Forbus rides a little higher on the waist or belt than other holsters I have.  With the gun placed higher on my waist, it keeps it hidden under short sweaters and untucked shirts.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#16]
IMHO the best Kydex holsters are made by www.comp-tac.com. I use their shirt tucker IWB holsters for carry and their locking paddles for IDPA. What I like best about the shirt tucker IWB is the fact that the belt clip is behind the holster, instead of on the holster, making the whole rig thinner (and you can tuck a shirt over them). Here's a pic of my 2 carry guns in their shirt tuckers.
The mag carriers are not part of the holster, they are just sitting next to them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#17]
the jackal by De Santis for my glock 23
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Glock 19 in a Kramer IWB #2.

Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#19]
1. Fobus for G22/G17
2. Uncle Mikes Belt Slide G22/17/27
3. Don Hume JIT Slide G22/G17/G27
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Alessi CQC-S with shark accents on an Alessi shark skin belt w/ sterling silver buckle,cap & keeper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top