I am thinking about buying a US Optics SN-4 scope for my AR. How much does one of these things cost?
Don't know which one that is but they've got a site and most everything i saw started at 2500--hell, buy two--then you'll have a spare.......Dick
OK--Being the good ole boy i am i found it for you---- http://www.usoptics.com/
The 2001 catalogue shows the standard MK I Rapid Response as $1,165, or $1,270 for the ultra high resolution model. The MK III is $1,349 and $1,649 for the same grades. Lots of options available that can increase price accordingly. The scope comes with the USO circle dot reticle as standard. By the time you add options you can easily get into the $1,500 - $2,000 range.
SN-4 MK I $1165.00
SN-4 MK II $1240.00
SN-4 MK III $1349.00
Ultra Hi Res*
SN-4 MK I $1270.00
SN-4 MK II $1490.00
SN-4 MK III $1649.00
SN-4 MK I RAPID RESPONSE®
All the above features in an extremely rugged 30 mm tube with circle-dot* ranging and acquisition reticle. Windage is via a fast acquisition coverless knob that is ergonomic and extremely rugged. Elevation is the same as the windage knob, but with both B.D.C.(.223 &.308), (Bullet Drop Compensation) and 1/2 M.O.A. clicks.***Both knobs are re-settable to zero after being sighted in. Short turret w/no lit reticle provision and no threaded objective cover.
SN-4 MK II RAPID RESPONSE®
Same as MK II but has an even more rugged tube (30MM or35 mm Dia.) which is almost 400% stronger than most scopes! Built with a huge four sided turret to accommodate the military and police knobs above and an optional 11 position rheostat on the left for a lighted reticle format (**available on MK II, III, and IV only). Has huge, independent coil springs for windage and elevation rebound, not tiny, flat copper springs as most other scopes. Includes removable threaded sections on front and rear of scope to accommodate all the optional covers, sunshades and caps. Note: W&E knob covers not included.
* Other reticles available on demand.
**See price sheet (optional)
***Actually .675 M.O.A. (2 M.O.A. clicks on B.D.C.)Hunting style E&W knobs available in 1/4MOA
SN-4 MK III A.N. (Army-Navy, D.O.E.) RAPID RESPONSE®
Has all the features of MK I & II above plus Butler Creek style flip-up plastic caps on objective and eyepiece to protect the coating on the scope lenses. Screw-on protective (cup), style lens caps are also available (as an option), W & W/O glass inserts. The turret W&E knobs have military style, rugged screw-on protective caps as standard equipment.-
Same Rugged optics and internals as MK-II above but instead of a military style B.D.C. elevation knob it has a standard coin slot hunting type unit with screw on cap. Windage is also via a hunting type knob with cover. Both knobs are extremely low profile and SAFARI rugged. These scopes are recoil proofed to surpass .50 BMG and .416 Rigby type recoil! The SAFARI has these standard features;
• One of the fastest reticles made in the world; the famous Circle-dot (20 std. options and any custom).
• The strongest, simplest and ruggedest housing made.
• A 1X-4X Variable power system that is stronger and more foolproof than any made.
• Optical resolution as good or better than any made.
• The widest field of view of any 1-4X variable made (117feet at 100 yds.). This, together with the circle-dot reticle and an exit pupil of 22MM makes the SN-4 the fastest sighting scope in the world. This is perfect for Alaskan or African safari work!
• A2X doubler option to make the SAFARI a 2-8X!
• Choice of knobs, lens covers, colors, reticles and many-many other options.
• 1/4 MOA E&W knobs are available in a hunting style format at no extra charge