Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2001 9:22:20 AM EDT
I was cleaning my BM Vmatch after shooting at the range yesterday (windy), and proceeded to take apart the bolt.  I removed the roll pin that holds the extractor mechanism in place and was cleaning that little extractor spring.  Well, it popped out of the circular recess that it fits into, and I could not for the life of me get it to go back in.  I did notice that there was  a little blue rubbery thing that runs up the middle of the spring, kind of like a guide rod.  Anyway,  I put it back together with the spring kind of in place but not really stuck hard and fast into that round recess.

Is this normal?  I mean I had to yank it out of that hole when taking it out to clean.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:43:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep trying! Try pushing the spring with a smallish screwdriver to get it to seat.  By the way, at the next gun show, you should get a spare spring and rubber deally, people sometimes lose them, or the spring wears out and you get extraction problems.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]
my extractor spring broke at the range this weekend, about halfway thru the first mag. the
other five mags were less fun than usual. this coming weekend i'll replace the spring, and GET A SPARE just in case.

i can spell, but my typing...
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#3]
This is why the TM-10's prohibit removal of this spring.  Unless you gave your rifle a mud bath at the range, you should be able to clean it w/o pulling the spring out.

Instead of a screwdriver, use a 1/4" pin punch to force it down into the extractor.  There is a lip that catches the last turn of the spring and you will feel it click when done right.  Make sure you put the blue silicone rubber insert in as its critical for functioning.  

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice -   BTW,  does the spring have a top or a bottom?  I mean does it matter which way I try and put it back in?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top