Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2001 12:11:48 PM EDT
Hey Gang,

I have a HK USP Compact .45.....

What should be my best expectation of accuracy at 25 yards?

Should I be working at 25 20 or 15 when sighting it in with a bench rest?

I'm really trying to see what I really should expect, rather that what I'm getting.  They may be the same, but I would like some opinions.

If you need more information, I'll post it ASAP.   Thanks in Advance!
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of these babys and it is one of my favorite hanguns of all time. I have fired it from a proper rest only once.  Using Winchester 230gr fmjs my pistol grouped all shots but one into a ragged hole at 20 yards the flyer was only half an inch from touching the rest and the point of impact was centered perfectly at this range.  Owning this gun has been a truly rewarding experience for me as it has never, ever, ever, jammed or even balked at shooting anyhting I tried to feed it.  I do have a couple of pieces of advice though.... The chamber is very large on this gun (for max reliability) and brass will be blown out pretty bad, I would be leery of reloading brass from this gun too many times.  So far I have reloaded and shot the same batch of ammo 4 times now and no ill effects but I suspect I will start to get cracks soon.  Also do not even attempt to use lead bullets in it. I'm sure this is true for all polygonal rifled bores but mine will lead so freakin bad after only 10 rounds or so and it takes forever and a day to get that crap out of the barrel.  Otherwise enjoy that fine piece of craftsmanship you own, it will not dissapoint you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top