Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2001 4:57:04 PM EDT
I'm going to the fun show Saturday and was thinking of picking up some Orilites just because of the pricing.At the last one I seen vendors asking any where from $10.00-$15.00,are these any good and are this prices fare I was told these are made to be throw aways for the Israeli Defence forces.If so do the hold up to repeated use.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#1]
try the mag forum. Lots of the info you are looking for there.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
The Orlites function well, but perhaps are not as durable as the USGIs or Thermolds.  I have also had them spill rounds into the receiver when forced home too hard.

www.aimsurplus.com has them for $8.  If you can not afford USGI or Thermold, Orlite is the way to go.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm do to attend the CQB course at SHOOT-N-IRON inc. and don't realy care to dent up my GI mags.So I thought at ten dollars a pice I wouldn't be out of to much money if I lost a few to damage.My yearly eq. expess is hardly enough to cover foot wear mush less duty gear or extra mags.I know its better to practice with what you fight with.But after four and a half years in the ARMY I belive I'm able to change mags just the same as with the Orilites,as I would the GIs.If they are able to make it through the class and get some range time out of them I belive they are a GO....Since finding this place I've been able to get ? responded to that I could not beat out of this file cabanet of a brain of mine,nice to be in the company of like minded pepole whos not awash in all the B.S. of life and mines better than you'rs ...........Hey did I tell you yet that mines better than you'rs////just joking thanks for the heads up and the info.But it realy IS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top