Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2001 9:36:42 AM EDT
I'm new to the FAL family of firearms.I've seen tapco has new in the wrapper and original FN box and packing.Ten in the box for $99.99,thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Excellent deal. They are metric mags.
These are NIB.   Also get their mag loaders.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#3]
$10 per mag is a reasonable price.  You might want to look over on the FAL site too:

www.l1a1.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#4]
you may still find new mags I do believe for around 8 to 9 bucks and good used one for 6 to 7. go over to the fn fal files board and they will give you the latest deal and where to get them. you might check with tapco also. cdnn still has new mags for $9.99 and everyone comes with a new mag loader also which if you do not have any loaders that is a hard deal to pass up.
I would suggest buying a couple from cdnn with the loaders and then checking on the fal files for the best deal going. as I do believe $10 a mag for steel fal mags is really not a super deal right now. if they are the aluminun mags maybe so. its been a few months since I have bought fal mags but still hang out on their board and have not really seen fal mag prices taking off.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#5]
www.dsarms.com

has used mags for $5 and steyrs for $8.

I like the $5 mags...drop em at the range? eh, whatever...
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:50:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I would buy 20 used ones from DSA first.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought 20 of the 5.00 DSA mags.  They work great, just a little ugly.

I also took the plunge on TAPCOs deal.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Link Posted: 12/8/2001 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I had picked up new ones for $8 a piece awhile back. If you look around you should still be able to find them for that price.

Kevin, you won't be disappointed if you get one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have been thinking about picking up a RR (gasp) .45 if you can believe it. I just don't want to have to get into buying ammo for another pistol.

I just cut off my mag purchases at 20 for that rifle since it is just a play rifle when I am in the mood for a .308.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the $5 used mags from DSA and they
work great.  I cannot see paying more for them,
unless you insist on something new.  John
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got a box of the brand new ones from Tapco.  It is very hard to find NEW ones any cheaper.

I bought a bunch of used ones at first, and I have *several* that will not hold the bolt back on my FAL, and *several* that are hard to remove once inserted from the follower being beat up and hanging up.

The TAPCO mag deal, is the best deal going, IMHO.  For $10 per NEW hicap mag, you dont have to worry about any issues.  They came sealed in a plastic, then in a box, then each mag is wrapped in mag paper.  They are perfect!

I would get them while you still can.  I am seeing more and more used ones going for $10 a mag.... and these are perfectly new.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 8:51:22 AM EDT
[#14]
...........Falarak.................               How do the mags you ordered look,are they coated in rust,or is it something you could remove with a scruff pad.I called Tapco and they stated they can not tell me if they were stored corectly or not and if there was any sign of rust its something that should just wipe off.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Go to DSA web site. Used FAL mags $5.00, New $8.00.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
...........Falarak.................               How do the mags you ordered look,are they coated in rust,or is it something you could remove with a scruff pad.I called Tapco and they stated they can not tell me if they were stored corectly or not and if there was any sign of rust its something that should just wipe off.  

Mine look perfect.  They are not oily tho, they are dry.  No rust.  They have a parkerized surface feel to them.  I am very happy with them....
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Entreprise has brand new Izzy mags still for $9.00/each.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top