Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 9:20:27 AM EDT
Guys I did it! I found somebody that can make a mini 14 shoot well!

www.accuracysystemsinc.com/

These really did it,you get a "Harmonic Barrel Stabilizer" and a trigger job for $299.99 and you WILL get down to 1.5-3 MOA at 100 yards and 4-6 at 200.

Now I know that can't take the place of the AR but if you ever though it would be cool to have a m-14 in .233(come I know you have) then this is not that bad at all.

Makes the best damn all around ranch/outdoors rifle I have ever seen,it's nice to not have to take the AR out in the dirt and crap to
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Not to rain on any ones parade bot when you add the price of the MINI and the custom work along with S.H. you'r up to around 700-750 just for the gun why bother.For that price you can get a beater AR which will give you that accuracy or even better.Thats not even counting the price of good mags for the mini.But hey if thats you'r bag of tricks go for it
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Guys I did it! I found somebody that can make a mini 14 shoot well!

Been out of the loop awhile, huh? Accuracy Rifle Systems has been doing this since 1983 www.mini-14.net, Clark Custom Guns has been doing it for the past three or four years www.clarkcustomguns.com/min14con.htm, Connecticut Precision Chambering has been doing it for the past three or four years www.ct-precision.com, Shilen has been offering a heavy drop-in barrel for the Mini for a couple of years now, and there's also another outfit located near Clark in Louisiana that's been advertising the same thing. Old hat. Below is my ARS modified Ranch Rifle.

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Jim how does it shoot? Also, who makes that stock?  The Mini looks like it weighs a good 8.5lbs.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#5]
You're pretty well dead on about the weight. Shoots good, as it ought to for the modifications made. Mike Turner of Turner Customs made the stock www.turnercustoms.com
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Not to rain on any ones parade bot when you add the price of the MINI and the custom work along with S.H. you'r up to around 700-750 just for the gun why bother.For that price you can get a beater AR which will give you that accuracy or even better.Thats not even counting the price of good mags for the mini.But hey if thats you'r bag of tricks go for it

............................"Makes the best damn all around ranch/outdoors rifle I have ever seen,it's nice to not have to take the AR out in the dirt and crap to"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top