Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 12/3/2001 8:51:42 PM EDT
I finally sat down to update my insurance list for my guns after selling/buying/trading a few the last several months.

I am now starting to think about what to save for over the next year or so. I like to have a general concept of what I might pick up so I can start looking for bargains as I get cash in hand. Having a plan also helps keep me motivated to put the hours in at my part-time job so I can save towards a goal. I have asked this before, and generally gotten some good answers--I usually keep the responses in the back of my mind for when the money is in hand.

This is the current list (unfortunately, stored across several states until I finish school and can move to a free state and get them all back).

The list:

Pistols:
Colt Delta Elite
Smith & Wesson #1006
Ruger Mark II
Beretta 21 A
Glock #20
Beretta 92 Stainless (Italy)
Beretta 92 F (Italy)
SIG-Sauer #229
Heckler & Koch USP
Browning Hi-Power
Smith & Wesson #1026
SIG-Sauer #228
Kimber Custom Classic
Heckler & Koch Model 4
SIG P210 / 49
Beretta Model 84
Colt Combat Commander
Heckler & Koch P7 PSP
Heckler & Koch P7 K3

Revolvers:
Ruger Super Blackhawk
Ruger GP-100
Ruger Vaquero
Colt SAA (1st. Gen)
Colt Python
Smith & Wesson Model 28

Rifles:
Savage 110E
Winchester #94
Ruger #10/22
Soviet (Military) SKS
Swedish (Military) M38 Carbine
Finnish (Military) M39
Marlin 100G
Remington #572
Bushmaster M17S (Pre-ban)
D.S. Arms SA-58 Carbine
Springfield Armory SAR-48
Colt R6551
Norinco AK-47
SGW AR-15
Yugo AK-47
State Arms Knob Creek 2000
FN FNC
Barrett M82
D.S. Arms SA-58 Standard
Chipmunk

Shotguns:
Remington 870 Express
Beretta A390 ST
Winchester #24
Beretta 1201 FP3
Benelli M3 Super 90

Machine Guns:
FNC with Sear and 3 rd. burst (Form 4)
HK 53 (Billistics)(Form 3 being converted from an HK 33).
Vector UZI (Form 3 to dealer as part of a Group Buy).

My Ideas:
More mags for the guns (I like, if possible to have 4 or 5 mags per semi-auto pistol, and prefer to have several guns in the same calibers with common mags--i.e. I have 2 Beretta 92's, so would probably buy a Beretta Elite II in 9mm rather than a Beretta in .40 S&W). The same goes for rifles--any future AK's would probably be 7.62mm rather than a 5.45 or .223 so they can use the same mags.

In handguns--another HK P7 PSP or M8 (love the guns!!), a USP .45 Tactical, Match or Expert, Smith (pre-sellout, of course!!) 29 or 629. Another .22 target gun or two (likely another Ruger to use the same mags).

In rifles--a couple more AR's, a Belgian 50.63 or .64, an underfolder AK, possibly another .50BMG (Armalite, most likely).

In shotguns--a nice O/U (probably a Beretta so I can use the same choke tubes), maybe a Beretta Pintail or another AL 390.

Any other suggestions? Places where my collection is lacking? I am not "into" old collectables (factory original garands, etc.) enough to truly appreciate them, so I may pick up a CMP shooter grade Garand, but most likely not a collector grade.

I do definitely like to keep common mags and calibers. I would probably stick to .223, 7.62 x 39mm, and .308 for my autoloaders, and stick with common mags for them also. Ditto to the pistols (so I would probably pick up a PSP over an M8 in the P7's).

AFARR
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:07:55 PM EDT
AFARR, a collection is as individual as the collector. Here's some stuff I might look for if I had what you have:

Garand.
M1 carbine.
P08 Luger.
AR10.
HK91.
S&W presellout M29 or 629.
Glock 26, 27 or 33.

Yeah, I know some of the above violates the commonality of mags rule. More mags also are always a good idea, I like to have six for each handgun I shoot with any frequency.

I dunno. You have so much cool stuff already that you can afford to just go to the gun show and see if any great deals jump out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:16:27 PM EDT
I'll bet you would really enjoy sitting behind a 1919A4!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:19:02 PM EDT
Chairborne,

Some excellent suggestions. I had forgotten about the P08. Years ago, I made a list of the "most recognized" handguns that I would like to get. I am close now--I got some excellent deals on a few guns I figured I would never get otherwies (the Colt SAA and Python). I definitely need a Luger (along with a Walther PPK/S to replace the PPK I got rid of--too much hammerbite for my taste).

I am not a fan of the Glocks--I can appreciate the simplicity of the design. I had a G 22 and sold it--a lot of it is that I never got used to the trigger pull on the thing. I will keep my G 20 if only that it is a 10mm.

I had an HK 91 and traded it for the FNC. I like the FAL's better in .308. But, if a '91 with a bunch of mags cropped up when I have money in hand, I wouldn't turn it down, either.

The M1 Carbine is an Excellent suggestion--and I understand they are fun to shoot as well.

Thanks!!

AFARR
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:25:17 PM EDT
ColtShorty,

When I move and start making a little money, the 1919 was to be the most likely belt fed full-auto I would get. I probably wouldn't be interested in a semi- gun anytime soon, but the 1919 is supposedly one of the most reliable belt feds around. Of course, if I had a little more money burning a hole in my pocket, the M2 might be the way to go!!

I have pretty much written off any more full auto purchases for the near future--I am tired of my Brother getting them out of state (he's not though!!), and will probably stick to things I can get here in IL. Besides, full auto's are very expensive (but FUN!!).

To ALL:

I definitely like the suggestions made so far. Any more? Any kind of a price is good--if I get $200 in my pocket, and know I won't have more for a while, I prefer to spend it on something durable (guns, mags, etc.) rather than letting it sit and frittering it away on junk food, movie rentals, etc. Ditto for $1000 and up.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:44:52 AM EDT
Remington 700(*) in a short magnum.

03A3.

Garand. You gotta have a rifle that goes "SHWANG"
Top Top