Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2001 10:46:26 AM EDT
Have a friend that is interested in buying one and asked me to post here and find out what you guys think.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Like all bullpups it'll maim you if you try to fire it left handed -- even if you need to shoot left handed.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know if other companies are producing bullpup designs similar to the Bushy?  I really like the design/accuracy and I thought a market would open up with all the bans on other weapons.  A little competition in this design would certianly perfect it.  Anybody have some info?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to have one.  

I always used to hear, and believe, "Never sale a gun, you will always regret it."

That is not true in regards to the M17s.  I was happy when it left, and I'm still happy that its gone.

-SS
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I've allway's wondered, "What is the deal with that rifle? I mean the ejection happen's at the stock, and the grip is in front of the mag what kinda improvment is that?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#8]
It has a 21.5" bbl and is shorter in overall length than an AR15 shorty with the legal length stock and a 16" bbl? How does the system work? Where does the recoil go?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#9]

I mean the ejection happen's at the stock, and the grip is in front of the mag what kinda improvment is that
It puts more weight toward the center of the rifle.  It also allows you to get away with a 21.5"-barreled rifle in a 30" gun... about 4" less than a 16"-barreled AR15.  In theory, you get a much shorter rifle without sacrificing any accuracy.  

In practice... the gun *is* accurate (bout like a standard AR), but the so-so trigger makes it hard to get all the accuracy out of the rifle (though the trigger can be fixed).  You'll also have to put some optics on it, as the fixed sights are really just emergency sights.

Its main edge on the AR15, besides compactness, is its operating system.  Uses a gas rod rather than just gas to cycle the gun... makes for a cleaner and more reliable system.

However, having owned, and sold the gun... I always got the feeling that it just was not... completed.  Do not know why.  Just feels like they got halfway through the design process and just gave up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#10]
When I get mine back next week it will again be the best gun in my house. The gun perfectly balances on the pistol grip, is under 2 MOA accurate out of the box, is pretty much as short as a preban car-16 with a collapsible stock. I remounted a scope rail directly on top of the reciever, I took it to work and milled some slots in the reciever to make it look better, I am adding a sling stud to the side to add a tac sling, a rail to the bottom, and I use a red dot sight. This is my favorite gun to shoot. The trigger is as good as my homebuilt AR and as good as my dad's colt pre-ban. It's not a target trigger, but it's not supposed to be.
It's the poor (and smart mans) Aug. The Aug is great but at more than 10 times the price it's not that good.

Just my .03

Guncrazy223
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I like mine. It also seems to have less felt recoil than an ar15, but I like those too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top