Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2001 7:23:30 AM EDT
Just like to pass this information around to the site members, as one of the leading gun manufacturers is up to what I believe to be downright dishonesty. By the way, this has nothing to do with the military using any of these weapons, as I told Colt that I would wait as long as it took to get my order. They told me it made no difference. Just sales to agencies. Here's what I got this morning from an order placed Feb. 2001.
-------------------------------------------------
"The General at Colt (Gen. William Keyes, CEO) has just handed down a directive that there will be no sales of M203’s except directly to agencies.  We have credited your charge card as of today for the entire amount which you paid.  Colt is also having to provide credits as far back as 2 years!  You will get a hard copy of this credit via mail shortly.

I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you; however, this is completely out of our control.  I will forward the e-mail to me from Colt that contains the information regarding this.  If you have any questions or comments, please contact me.  I will be happy to pass any comments along to Colt as well."
------------------------------------------------

I was scheduled for delivery late October. Is it just me, or do you guys also feel like Colt doesn't know what the hell they are doing. They should have respected all orders placed before the "General" decided to swim upstream instead of downstream. Could be that the company is treading water right now. Bad move, General, as I will think long and hard before I buy anything that has the name "Colt" on it!

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt has been sinking like a stone for awhile now.  Let's toss them an anchor.

-SS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top