Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2001 11:50:35 PM EDT
During the .223 as a defense rd brawl, there was an indication that some of you would carry an AR or a shotgun to the door. While I have both, I would still reach for one of my Glocks, in .40 or .45. Really, if you had to clear your house, would you choose an AR as the weapon to do this with?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:07:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If I had a short bareled shotgun I would chose that over anything for a house clearing. just the sheer amount of ass-kicking it could do is more than enough for me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:22:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If something does go Bump in the night, I always turn to Ms. Kimber and ask her to dance!

MUCH better for CQB than my 20" Bushy.

Edited to say, Ms. Kimber also has Tritium sights, but Mr. SureFire always serves backup after lights out.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:50:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I do grab the AR...but it's set up for dancing in the dark.  Sure-Fire light, Trijicon ACOG reflex on a flattop, phantom FS.  

QS
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:51:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I figure that most BG's don't have much more than a pistol.  They also are not accustomed to the dark, having just been in brighter areas.
The 20" AR would be my choice.  How could you miss??  You don't even have to know SWAT tactics.  The BG doesn't know the layout of your house.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#5]
inside the house is within easy pistol range. that's what the 1911s are for.
failing that, a short shotgun or carbine would be easier to handle than a full-length rifle.

probably anything that's noisy when chambering the 1st round would clear the house pretty quick.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:13:01 AM EDT
[#6]
1) Spouse check.
2) Release the dog.
3)Turn on half the lights in the house with a single push of a glowing button above my head.
4) Re-evaluate. The dog will inform me if someone has entered the house.
5) Dial 911 and hand the phone to the wife.
6) Grab the pistol from its lockbox next to the bed.
7) Speak in a loud clear voice "I have a gun, I've called the police, get out of my house."
8) Kill everyone that comes down the hallway toward the bedroom with two shots to the center of mass - add one to the head if needed.
9) Inform 911 that there has been a shooting and that the bad guy(s) are in need of medical attention.
10) Make sure the bad guy(s) are no longer able to continue their attact.
10) Give 911 a description of me and where I'm at still standing guard for additional bad guys.
11) Stand down only when 911 has informed me that the good guys have arrived making sure that my weapon is not visible when they enter.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I grab the M1a and just start shooting through my walls into the rest of the house.  I want to get an M1 Garand and keep it loaded with 30/06 AP.  That should work even better.

-SS
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Shotgun w/ #6 shot, because of unintended target consequences.  I back this up with my Glock 17.  I couldn't live with myself and continue to enjoy my hobby if I accidently shot one of my neighbors with my AR-15 so I opt for the shotgun.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Mossberg 590 with flashlight mounted, stuffed with #4 Federal Tactical shells.  

Beretta 92FS with night sights stays in the bedroom with the wife.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Mossberg 500A with the 18.5" barrel is my friend.

I like the "Ka-SCHLICK!" sound.  An acquaintence of mine who used to be a burglar said that sound scared him more than any dog barking.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Glock 21 with flashlight attached is backup for the BM m17s. I like the 223 Hollowpoints, and out of a gun thats only 30" long its very easy to move around the house.

I don't call the police, I call the morgue and the carpet cleaners. I also move very quietly because its civic duty to remove all criminals so they don't do it again. The poice and courts are pathetic at crime prevention. Dead men never repeat offend.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Call 911 - bride
bride and dogs go to master bathroom (escape area and lots of closets and walls between them and shooters if the SHTF)

Shotgun in hand, p90 with Hydrashoks in waistband.

No lights. I know my house so that's to my advantage.

Warning shout in the form of Racking the slide on the 12 gauge.

Hide next to dresser with shot at door that will only hit door, wall and if it goes throug will hit double brick wall around outside patio.
(if I shoot directly at the door it could hit my big screen TV ...can't have that!)

Shout get out etc. Wait for response.

If I hear them packing shit up in the den, only then will I attempt to open door (squatted behind edge of hardwood dresser, open just enough to slide barrel of Shotgun into the door and then push it back with shotgun)

Hopefully, however the two dogs barking will have scared them off. If not and they come into the bedroom, then they are armed or just stupid and need to discuss their issues with 00 buck shot.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Man, I guess I am the only guy in the world who still believes in the S&W .38 special?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]
You and Imbroglio.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Master bedroom dark, switch to turn on all outside lights.
870 to make noise, and  Yes mod 36 s&w in the seat of my wheelchair.
Wife, phone, and Ms Kimber all together behind me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I keep right on sleeping. Noises don't work for me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a bolt-action 12 gauge shotgun beside my bed loaded w/ 00.  I paid $35 for it a few months ago, and it is the only firearm that I trust my life to.  AR's are nice, but a bolt-action shotgun is the definition of dependable stopping power.  Also, after hearing from several locals that permanently lost their firearms after a defensive shooting, I don't mind having the police take (steal) it if something did happen.  Finally, just in case I ever had to defend my actions in court, it is not a threatening looking firearm.z
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Right now I'd grab my M-4, because it's all I've got down here. Back home I'd grab either my Benelli with the Sure-Fire forend or my Glock 30 with Meprolights and a Sure-Fire 6Z.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#19]
My choice is my 500a sitting between my bed and the headframe... 18.5 barrel with shroud and pistol grip.

00buck, 00buck, slug, 00buck, slug, flechette

Blam, Blam... Shit he is still coming? Blam must be some good drugs!, BLAM There goes his arm, Blam BLAM Ouch!

Anyhow 8 feet from my bed is the m1 super90, fal, bar, 2 mini-14's and a couple other toys... Come and get it poncho!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Kimber .45 on nightstand, riot gun in closet.  Since neighborhood terrorist wears armor, the 16" AR under the bed has black-tip in the mag, and a Sure Fire in place.  Right pocket of bathrobe has PPK.  

The big 3 D-cell Mag-Lite or the older equally large Kel-Lite next to nightstand are easier to find in dark than little Sure Fire, and they come in the "handy bludgeon size."  

Both dogs are harmless, but they have good ears and they make lots of fierce sounding noise.  

Action dictated by mode of invasion.  Cops to be called only after action, and they will be State Troopers (resident County Deputy IS neighborhood terrorist).  Resident Park Rangers are merely bad jokes.  

Hope "The Day" never comes, but be prepared to survive it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top