Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2001 6:00:40 PM EDT
My LEGP rifle is having extraction problems. Every 100 rounds or so I have a FTE. Most times the spnt round ends up above the round being fed. Once or twice left in the chamber-NOT stuck- easily tapped out with a cl. rod. Pretty regular now and getting worse.
I've done a lot of searching on the board and read most of what I could find.I've tried the major clean job twice. Once I only used minimal lube after, once I lubed more. the problem just gets more frequent with time.
It happens with different ammo and different mags. I have taken very good care of this rifle but I have put about 4000 rounds thru it since July.
What I need is a new extractor/spring/buffer.
Now, I've done a lot of looking and cant find ALL these three parts in one easy to buy kit.The troubleshooting forum had a place to get the S.A.W. spring and black buffer for $5 but they have a min. $50 order. They dont also sell the extractor itself.
Other guys recommend a really cheap Viton o-ring, or this $12 D-ring. Nowhere can I find these things sold as a kit or individual parts all at the same web site!
I dont want to spend money on three shipping charges for two-bit parts.
Any help would appreciated. What I really want is: extractor, HD extractor spring, black buffer, and I can find a #60 viton o-ring myself.TIA
Cheers,
BP
(edited to clarify problem)
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
captainpooby,

1.)  What's happening?

2.)  What kind of barrel do you have?  

3.)  Do you lock your bolt to the rear after prolonged firing, or do you allow you bolt to stay in battery while your weapon is cooling down?

4.)  Do you ever have to RAM the case out of the chamber with a cleaning rod?

5.)  Just what kind of weapon do you have?

The reason I ask is that it may not be your extractor.  It may be a rough chamber.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Here ya go:

bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/individual%5Fparts%5Ffor%5Fupper%5Freceivers.asp

You won't need the D-ring as the Bushmaster extr. assy. is the M4 type which is alot stronger than the old standard type.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks ColtShorty. I had been to BM's site but somehow I missed that or was unsure if those were the parts I wanted.
BP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top