Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 11/28/2001 4:56:13 AM EDT
Just to have clear ideas if there are phisical differences between an AR15 and an M16:

I assume that the differences are mainly in the trigger group. An M16 basically can fire full auto (or three rounds bursts) and an AR15 not.
Supposing I have a lower of an AR15 and a lower of an M16, which are the main differences I can see?
Are drilled more more holes in the M16 lower because the trigger has more components and leverages that need pins?
These differences will help a lot in discussing with antiguns...
Thanks a lot for the answers

PaoloAR15

* I support Israel *
* I support USA *
* I support FREEDOM ! *
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 5:25:26 AM EDT
Take a look at old.ar15.com/docs/AR15-M16Parts/

The lower receiver is wider inside at the back end to make room for the auto sear and has the hole drilled for the auto sear pin.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:01:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/28/2001 11:39:52 PM EDT by PaoloAR15]
Ahhhh.. thanks a lot, friend.

I guess it was so.
It's not an easy job and those differences makes an AR15 a (beautiful) SEMIAUTO rifle that looks like M16, can have the same barrell, the same locking system, but IT IS NOT AN "ASSAULT WEAPON" because incapable of selective fire. I cannot even put the full auto trigger group because the lower (even if "empty") is lacking very important features!

How come that antigun are so STUPID?
To call a semiauto varmint rifle "assault weapon" only because looks like his M16 senior brother, it is like to say that if I dress my Citroen like a Ferrari, my Citroen is able to travel at 150 mph!!!

bah...

See ya.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:04:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PaoloAR15:
How come that antigun are so STUPID?
To call an semiauto varmint rifle "assault weapon" onlly because looks like his M16 senior brother, is like to say that if I dress my Citroen like a Ferrari my Citroen is able to travel at 150 mph!!!

bah...

Paolo, the antis are not really stupid; mostly, I think, they are ignorant and fearful of what they do not know. They are also passionately stubborn because they believe that they are right, even though they are not fully informed on both sides of the subject--only on their side of it. Sadly, trying to verbally convince them of the truth is an exercise in futility. As many members here have found, you really have to do a one-on-one and take an anti-gunner shooting to show him/her that shooting a gun does not turn you into an evil person.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:15:19 PM EDT
The antis' goal was to confuse the public by picking out scarey looking guns and giving them an evil-sounding nickname.

Any lie to ban any gun. Reality has no bearing on the matter.
Top Top