Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2001 9:24:21 AM EDT
Well, i am still trying to find an armalite carbine in a .223 in south east ny, same story, no one has one but they will order (I am assuming the 30 day wait will turn in to 60, etc.) So I was going to try my luck at the gun show this weekend at Orange county (i will at least walk out w/a colt or bushy if the price is right) My question is can i purchase an AR and leave with it ? I have not been to one of these since all the new background laws.
thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
hey roger,
yeah, if you find an AR, you will go through the NICS, and barring any delays, you will walk out, very happy!

a word of warning: there will be an older, white-haired guy at the show, he has the biggest table of AR's, M1A's, CETME's and a host of other cool stuff. AVOID HIM LIKE THE POX! he has good stuff, but he charges, on average, $500.00 too much on a pre-ban, and $75.00 for Colt 30 round mags. way overpriced uppers, (.40 cal, 762x39, etc) and parts.

e-mail me if you want to meet up, i'll be at the show, sunday i think. good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top