Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 2:35:00 PM EDT
I am looking for advise on which model AR-15 to purchase. I recently attended a gun show and looked at Colt, Bushmaster, Olympic, etc and since I am only familiar with Winchester Model 12 & 42 shotguns, I thought this would be a great place to solicit advise. Do I want pre-ban or post-ban? Does manufacturer affect future value? What features should I definitely get?  Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want an investment get a preban Bushy or Colt
If you are going to shoot it doesn't matter.
I do like chrome lined barrels.
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Colt, Bushy, or Oly. Get one with A2 sights 20 inch 1 in 9 or 1 in 10 twist heavy barrel. If you want to use and abuse it go post ban. Otherwise for general usage with TLC go pre ban.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster, Armalite, Colt all make decent rifles. I think you might want to stick to Bushmaster. Olympic Arms doesn't have as nice of a finish. But Olympic Arms does make some very accurate barrels.

You might want to consider getting an A3 model (removable carry handle): 20 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#4]
BUSHMASTER
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top