Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
2/23/2017 5:55:53 PM
Posted: 11/17/2001 11:55:00 AM EST
we're going after doe only tomorrow and they don't get much bigger than 70 or 80 pounds around here and I'm going to be in the spot I hunted muzzleloader at where the longest shot would be 50 yards at best so I was thinking of taking out the Bushmaster instead of some big heavy gun. Looked in my reg book to see what it had to say about semiautos and there is a mag size limit for .22 caliber centerfire rifles of seven. WTF is that about? Why only .22 caliber? not that I care, seven is way more shots than anyone would ever need (only allowed 1 buck and 1 doe per season) it's just that I had to take the trouble to block the mag. (a bic pen with the cap on blocked a regular government mag to 6 just fine)

This still BTW leaves the door completely open for methed-up okies unloading 30 rounds of WOLF (preserves the life of your barrel) through a polytech at running 65 pound spikes. Of course they don't bother to buy tags either so it's not like putting a mag restriction on all guns would help, but I still don't understand.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:00:12 PM EST
I bet I could be convicted ina US court of illegaly manufacturing high-capacity magazines too when I take the pen out. that and conspiracy to verbally harass federal employees.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:31:36 PM EST
I was looking into this myself this morning, apparently AR does'nt have a mag limit. Just can't use FMJ or so called "Military Ammunition".
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:53:33 PM EST
Law here says 5 rounds limit. I'm either going to have to single load, or buy a fiver.. Yuck!
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:44:22 PM EST
Colorado says a five round mag is the limit for SA's, but for bolts and levers the sky is the limit.

It must really suck to use a Garand for big game. Do they have five rounders for the M1.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:49:14 PM EST
You can temporarily block a twenty by putting a thin piece of wood, plastic, whateveryoupleaseium, inside spring blocking it to five (or your pleasure) capacity. If it has to be permanent then put a pop rivet in the mag body blocking it.

hth
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:29:03 PM EST
Yeah, it is kind of a silly law. Here in Missouri you can hunt with any centerfire rifle. But the mag limit is 10 rounds. I was wondering if you could legaly block the mag with spent casings? But have not checked in to it. It would sure make it easy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 8:50:16 PM EST
5 round limit here as well... Don't feel too bad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 8:52:18 PM EST
Hunt in GA, and bring your Beta C-Mag!!!

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:46:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By HighlandMac:
Hunt in GA, and bring your Beta C-Mag!!!

lol.

Georgia law is kinda weird. The only smokeless-powder rifle restriction I can find is .22+ caliber with expanding bullets. As long as you've got that, go nuts. Maybe I've missed something, but I think it's technically legal to hunt with a Browning water-cooled machine gun.

OTOH, shotguns have a damn page of rules. I guess someone went duck hunting with a street sweeper while some anti-gunner was watching.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:52:51 PM EST
Um, Ducks/Migratory Game Bird Hunting is Federally regulated as well as state regulated.
Top Top