Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2001 2:30:41 PM EDT
This last summer I bought my wife a Kahr P9 for self defense.  It first had a problem with the slide jamming on the next round to come out of the magazine.  I sent it back to Kahr and they fixed it.  Now it jams on the spent shell. When this happens, you have to turn the gun slide down and pop the slide to get the casing to fall to the ground. I guess I'll call Kahr again tomorrow.  I definitely don't want my wife depending on a gun that continues to jam.  Today she shot about 50 rounds and this happened to her I guess about 5 times.  I'll keep sending it back to Kahr until they fix it.  It's a shame because everything else about it is great.  It's accurate, small profile, and fits great in the hand.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been using Winchester Target/Range.  I get them at Walmart for about $10.50 per 100.  I don't think they are reloads.  You've had similar problems with a Kahr P9?
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
With a gun like a Kahr you should be shooting only full power good quality ammo. My Kahr P9 also seems to have problems with "target/range" ammo but functions perfectly with Federal Hydrashoks or any +p ammo, that's what you should be shooting anyway. A Kahr is not a range plinker, it is a defense weapon that should only be fed the good stuff. Your wife should practice with the same ammo that it will be loaded with for defense purposes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I do get her to shoot the +p stuff also at the range.  I don't recall having the problem happen with that ammunition.  However, she needs lots of practice, and I don't see why a $500 dollar gun can't shoot the inexpensive target rounds well.  If I do have to resort to shooting just expensive rounds at the range, what's your recommendation on the most inexpensive +p rounds?  I was thinking of pro-load's target rounds which are loaded to similar ballistics as their self defense rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top