Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 11/12/2001 2:16:03 PM EST
Arrrgh! I can't make up my mind! The store I shop at has a G32C for $529 and a Benelli for $845. I want both, but can get only one right now. The Benelli would be used for Home defense/Range fun while the 32C would be used for carry/home def/range fun.

What would you guys do if you had the money for one but not both?

BTW, I already have a G33, so the ammo is not a problem. I also have a 870 Exp. as a home def gun, but I'd rather have the Benelli.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:24:46 PM EST
I think I would get the glock 32, and put the left over money into the benelli fund. Is there a reason you want the compensated G32? I have run into a similar situation myself, maybee you can help me decide. What would you prefer on your AR-15 a 20" upper or a 16". Good luck with whatever you get. They are both good guns. What benelli were you looking at? I like the looks of the M3 Convertible, and m1, in that order.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:29:19 PM EST
I was looking at the M1S90. I don't even have my AR yet, so I can't help you with yours. But, I'll be picking it up on Th. or Fri., and that's when I'm gonna decide. Oh, and good call on that Benelli fund thing...that I just might have to do!

I want the compensated G32 so brouhaha-ette can shoot it if she wants. As it is, she won't touch my G33.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:36:29 PM EST
I am assuming the Benelli for $845 is a post-ban (I am also making the broad assumption that you want an integrated pistol grip - if this is a wrong assumption, pre- vs. post-ban is not a big deal). If it is pre-ban, definitely go for the Benelli first. If it is not a pre-ban, I would forego both from the shop and look for a pre-ban Benelli on these boards.

For carry/home def/range fun, you already have that covered with your G33. The analysis I would go through then is just a straight comparison between the 870 and the Benelli. For me, the Benelli is far superior. Another reason I would get the Benelli first is - Gaston is still making G32s, but Benelli can no longer produce "pre-ban" M1S90s.

By the way, I suggest a pre-ban based purely on my own experiences. I bought a post-ban version first. Was perfectly happy with it, but like many other gun stuff, you just have to upgrade. So, I bought a pre-ban off a 'for sale' forum, and am in the process of trading off my post-ban.

If you want a post-ban Benelli, there was a member by the handle of 'Jordan' selling one on AR15.com or GlockTalk.com for about $700 (note -I have no ties to 'Jordan' whatsoever).

Good luck with your purchase.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:42:18 PM EST
Regarding the G32"C". I recommend one shoot both first if you have not expecienced a compensated model. I have not shot the G32C but have shot a G21 and a G21C side-by-side. The felt recoil on both are the same to me, so I just stayed with the G21.

You mention that the G32C would be for home defense. Since there is likelihood that a HD scenario would call for shooting in low-light, the flash from the G32C could be trouble-some. Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:11:34 PM EST
OK, say I go with a Preban. Does anybody know of a place to get one refinished so it looks new? What do I check on the weapon to make sure it functions correctly?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:14:09 PM EST
I have a post ban Benelli M90 and it is an awesome gun. Does anyone know where to get an extension for the magazine?

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:16:49 PM EST
I just saw them on the Benelli website. www.benelliusa.com
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:27:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/12/2001 5:21:01 PM EST by rocko]

Originally Posted By HighlandMac:
I have a post ban Benelli M90 and it is an awesome gun. Does anyone know where to get an extension for the magazine?

Cal's has them cheaper than I've seen elsewhere - www.calssportingarmory.com/Benelli2.htm
although they seem to be out of stock right now. I've been wanting to switch over from PG and 5 round tube to the straight stock and 7 round tube, but Cal's never seems to have both in stock at once, and I'm too cheap to pay for shipping twice ;) (not to mention any legal difficulties owning the 4 rounds ext tube with only the PG stock).

But yeah, I agree to wait and get a pre-ban if you want the PG stock. If I had to do it over again, I would prolly go that route as well. The price differential isn't that much compared to other pre/post guns.

Rocko
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:33:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By HighlandMac:

If it's a post-ban just make sure you don't have a pistol grip stock & a 7 shot magazine or you'd be in violation of Klinton's 94' Crime Bill. Federal Felony!
You can have the long magazine tube as long as it's a conventional straight stock.

Not trying to be a smart ass just making sure nobody unwittingly gets themselves into trouble

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:20:25 PM EST
Brouhaha - I picked up a used pre-ban from GlockTalk.com. The owner said he had about 200 rounds through it, and I don't really believe him because the thing looks pristine. Just gotta be patient to find the right one so you don't have to worry about refinishing it.

I bought my pre-ban for well under the $845 you are contemplating for a post-ban. It has orig box, all chokes and accessories, and even came with an extra long tube and spring. The deals are out there.

I have seen pre-bans on this forum go for $700 on up. I have also seen pre-ban M1s and M3s on boards like gunsamerica.com from $800 all the way to $2500 (by the way, whoever pays anywhere near $2500 is either a fool, or just has too much money to care about paying that much).
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:08:57 PM EST
Any ideas as to where I should search? I've looked at auctionarms, gunsamerica, here, and glocktalk. Where else should I go?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:25:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By brouhaha:
Any ideas as to where I should search? I've looked at auctionarms, gunsamerica, here, and glocktalk. Where else should I go?

You in Houston??

The big Astrohall gun show is this weekend!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:39:14 PM EST
I'll be there for sure
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 3:05:33 AM EST
Brouhaha - here are a few on gunsamerica.com

97605235­2

Here's one on gunbroker.com.

2439814 (although, this is an M3)

I don't know any of these sellers, whether the guns are still for sale, or whether they are truly pre-ban specimens. Whatever you do, call Benelli to check a serial number prior to paying the pre-ban premium - there may be unscrupulous sellers out there who will just stick an extended mag tube on it so it appears to be preban. Benelli's number is 301-283-6981.

Here is a site that lists some serial numbers in case you want it for reference:

http://home1.gte.net/bblakley/ban/

Keep in mind that this info could be wrong, but I find these types of references to be a good way to help you determine how serious you should be in a potential sale. The safest way to be 100% sure is to call Benelli.

Happy hunting.
Top Top