Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2001 2:02:02 AM EDT
Due to many of my co-workers requests for info on fire arms, and the fact that I do a fair amount of buying, selling and trading amongst private owners. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to apply for an FFL. I usually go through my local dealer for transfers but that can get both expensive and inconvenient.(some of my co-workers live up to 100mi away). I am placing the burden of my descision on the distinguished members of this forum. to FFL or not to FFL, that is the question?????    
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Few thoughts from a un-distinguished member.

You do a 'fair amount' of buying and selling to your co-workers.  This is all 'paperless' correct?  Once/if you get a FFL, they will no longer be paperless.  Good and bad in there.

Do you have a place to have your FFL business?  Not many places allow FFL's to operate out of their home anymore.  This will entail renting out a place and insurance and other things.

You will have to call in checks and they do cost a small amount.  Something to tack onto the cost of the pistol/rifle.

But you will be able to have guns you purchase shipped directly to yourself.

Just a few of my thoughts.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top