Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2001 9:08:15 PM EDT
I've been hearing that Bushmaster and Oly Arms will swap a new receiver for a old one. Keeping the same serial number and pre-ban status. Does Colt offer that service also? Like if I wanted to trade out my old SP1 lower for a new one with small hole push pins and raised fence. And while I'm on the subject is there a way I can get a REAL Colt M4 carbine model R0977?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I talked to the infidel at 1-800-962-COLT. They told me they would swap out a broken preban lower, but only as a postban item. Maybe another call would get a different person with a different take. Give it a whirl.

Randy
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Well Colt had done this in the PAST as about 3-years ago there was a member of this forum that had sent a dammaged Colt SP-1 lower and they replaced it with a BRAND NEW Colt A2 lower complete with mil-spec push pins, mil-spec trigger components and NO SEAR BLOCK!  Hell, I ALMOST considered attacking my Colt Sporter with a hammer for that deal!  

Good Luck, but I know for 100% certanty that they had replaced lowers in the past.  There was a fee and I don't remember how much, but I do remember it being well worth it for the end result....  Now, I didn't know that Bushmaster would do it also!  

Oh yea, the lower that was returned really was dammaged by legit means.  As I recall my old friend from the forum had received it in trade and it was basically unusable in the condition he got it.  He took the chance and made out like a rat (RATATAT at that)!
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#5]
sweet
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Olympic and Armalite will do it.  I know for a fact that Bushmaster and Kolt REFUSE. I asked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top